Posting posting posting

Moderator: Moderators

mally ley

Posting posting posting

Postby mally ley » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:45 pm

Glad to see this era is going to be as active in the new playground as at the old one . . .

Scraggles

Postby Scraggles » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:03 pm

guess that is the way it goes, bit like having a party with everyone crowded into the kitchen 8)

Helzbelz

Postby Helzbelz » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:14 pm

You think it's quiet here! try 1810-1900 there's only me there :cry:

Helz
"We are, each of us angels with only one wing; and we can only fly by embracing one another."

Kate Tiler
Post Centurion

Postby Kate Tiler » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:08 pm

Ah! Mally, pretty picture! And relevant!!!

My second favourite after Sierrakitten's!

mally ley

Postby mally ley » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:04 pm

Thanks Kate.

Someone in the Co of St George did a real double take at one event - she'd just been studying this pic in some art history class and reckoned it looked really like me.
Having seen several reproductions of it in books, newspapers etc, some of them look like me and some don't :?
Still, I like it and as I couldn't get any proper pics of me to the right size, it'll have to do for now!

mally ley

Postby mally ley » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:05 pm

Scraggles wrote:guess that is the way it goes, bit like having a party with everyone crowded into the kitchen 8)

Does that make 1100-1500 the kitchen then?

Alan_F
Post Centurion

Postby Alan_F » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:46 pm

Scraggles wrote:guess that is the way it goes, bit like having a party with everyone crowded into the kitchen 8)

I personally can't understand why more people don't do 16th century - there are some cracking battles waiting to be re-enacted, the range of costume is breath-taking and there are practically catalogues of weapons, enough to suit everyone's tastes! 8)

I re-enact therefore I am

Embrace the future of Steampunk Goodness!

Miel

Postby Miel » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:22 am

There's loads of us here that do Tudor - it's just that we don't gossip as much as you medieval lot.

Anyway we managed to keep the Kentwell thread going for the whole of the Kentwell three week reenactment - trouble was, it was in the medieval forum ! True !

Miel (pronounced "Mile")
"Well again and back with a vengence"

frances
Post Knight
Location: Slaving over redoing the website: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/createthemood/

Postby frances » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:03 pm

But where else is ther apart from Kentwell. I have all the togs and nowhere to go - I put them in costume exhibitions to give them an outing!!

steve stanley
Post Knight

16thcent...why isn't it so popular

Postby steve stanley » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:25 pm

I'd be quite interested..if there was more to do on the military side....the possibilities are there, but the emphasis seems to be on the civilian side & on the Armada era. 1540's sound good to me..internal revolts & war with Scotland & France,seem to recall a Landesknecht unit doing this period?...
Steve

Phil the Grips
Absolute Wizard

Re: 16thcent...why isn't it so popular

Postby Phil the Grips » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:26 pm

steve stanley wrote:I'd be quite interested..if there was more to do on the military side....the possibilities are there, but the emphasis seems to be on the civilian side & on the Armada era. 1540's sound good to me..internal revolts & war with Scotland & France,seem to recall a Landesknecht unit doing this period?...
Steve

I do 1580s Border warfare with these guys-
http://www.theborderers.net

Tis an invite-only group unforunately (I had to drop a few names to get references and they did follow up on them) and they don't really travel as the events are based around the Tower House (which is very very difficult to pack!) but if you put your time in on foot you do get to play on the horses if you want to (and I just lost 4st to be allowed to play on them- they took that as enough commitment :))

Other than that I'd love to do Flodden on a very big scale-it gets rumoured to be happening every few years but never actually happens.

--Angels also carry weapons--
http://www.blackboarswordsmanship.co.uk/

steve stanley
Post Knight

Postby steve stanley » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:13 pm

Did an event at Buittle about 7 yrs ago, I think the Borderers were just getting off the ground..impressive even then....just requires minor suspension of disbelief to go reiving in Leicestershire...no,it wouldn't work....would it?(hasty pulling out of "The Steel Bonnets" from the bookshelves)
Steve

Return to “1485-1603”