Lulworth and pirate events

Moderator: Moderators

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Lulworth and pirate events

Post by Tod »

New thread to avoid messing up the Dutch East India one.

Fox, there is a really really nice cartridge bag sitting in my front room with your name on it 8)

Lace Wars were offered Lulworth, but we couldn't do the numbers, and we felt that doing hand to hand which isn't very 18th century any way was going to be an accident waiting to happen. No offence to the pirate types but the bayonets are real and sharp, and there is only one way to fight with them :shock:

Some of us might go as independents, but what's this about LARP and rubber swords?

New thread started on this in this section.

Fox
Absolute Wizard

Re: Lulworth and pirate events

Post by Fox »

With no similar regard for Cuba-ing your thread
Tod wrote:Fox, there is a really really nice cartridge bag sitting in my front room with your name on it 8)

Excellent. PMed you.

Foxe
Post Centurion

Post by Foxe »

None taken by the resident pirate type. Speaking personally I'm not much of a fan of fighting (though I'll pitch in to raise numbers) - most of my swords are likewise sharp.

Had a visit from one of the co-organisers of Lulworth. Very nice chap. The event is going to be run very much like a roleplaying game, with crews and individuals competing to perform certain tasks, collect the most gold etc. As I understand it reenactors are welcome to fight amongst themselves with steel weapons, but any fighting with other teams must be done with rubber weapons.

I guess if you're into roleplaying then Lulworth will probably be an incredible event, if you're not then come to Chatham.
...and further this Informant saith not.

Foxe

'Don't be fooled by his general air of living in a skip'

http://www.etfox.co.uk

Bucket

Post by Bucket »

just to let you know that there is a reenacting part to this. Its not just larp, that is a different section of the event.
If people want more details check the pike and shoot website, as they are the guys running this event
bucket

John Waller
Post Knight

Post by John Waller »

Saw a nice book for you pirate types in Oxfam yesterday - A General History of the Pyrates by Daniel Defoe ed Manuel Schonborn £14.99
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Foxe
Post Centurion

Post by Foxe »

That is by far the best of the many many editions of the "classic" work on piracy. If you only buy one edition, buy that one.
...and further this Informant saith not.

Foxe

'Don't be fooled by his general air of living in a skip'

http://www.etfox.co.uk