plantagenet medieval society

Re-Enactment Societies - details and links

Moderator: Moderators

Nickick

plantagenet medieval society

Post by Nickick »

Hi, i am thinking of joining a reenactment group that focuses on the plantagenet period. i live near swindon and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the plantagenet medieval society??

Thank you to anyone who can tell me what they are like :D
:D :) :( :o :? 8-) :-x :P :cry: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :| :angel: :crazy: :eh: :shh: :shifty: :silent: :thumbdown: :thumbup: :wtf: :^) :$ ;( ]:) :devil: |( :envy: :geek: :ugeek: :sweat: :* :doh: :worried: :drunk: :rock: :coffee: :*: :arrow:
Hehe

Nigel
Post Knight

Re: plantagenet medieval society

Post by Nigel »

Simple question first Paln King Henry 2nd Last Richard 3rd

12th -15 th century which bit do you want to do ?
There’s a country in Europe where they treat their ex soldiers with pride no waits for medical treatment after injuries received during service, no amensia from the government. Cant for the life of me recall where it is but I know exactly where it is not.

Chatelaine

Post by Chatelaine »

This may not be any help to you, but I just want to say, they came to Raglan Castle a few months ago and they were amazing. Such a friendly bunch of people, we had so much positive feedback about them. Their displays for the public were excellent and they were so obliging when people asked them questions. So from the outside looking in, they seem a great choice if you want to join a group. :thumbup: They are personal favourites of mine, hope they come back to us next year, maybe you'll be one of them by then!
"Do you think, because I am poor, obscure, plain, and little, I am soulless and heartless? You think wrong! — I have as much soul as you — and full as much heart!"

Marcus Woodhouse
Absolute Wizard

Post by Marcus Woodhouse »

I prefer talking to the ladies more then the fellas as the women are well up on dance and food and drink and the socialhistory stuff that I enjoy. The group has some first rate HEMA instructors in it which is why I'm surprised that their weapon talks and fight demos are so shoddy and dated. They do put on a show that the pubelicks love though (just leaves me shaking my head and walking away).
OSTENDE MIHI PECUNIAM!

Nickick

Post by Nickick »

Gah i have been in america and i havent had time to reply,
I prefer the earlier section of it.
If i do join then i will probably be standard bearer or musician, (Siege engine worker doesnt look as fun) as im not an adult yet.

Thanks for your comments
:D :) :( :o :? 8-) :-x :P :cry: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :| :angel: :crazy: :eh: :shh: :shifty: :silent: :thumbdown: :thumbup: :wtf: :^) :$ ;( ]:) :devil: |( :envy: :geek: :ugeek: :sweat: :* :doh: :worried: :drunk: :rock: :coffee: :*: :arrow:
Hehe

Marcus Woodhouse
Absolute Wizard

Post by Marcus Woodhouse »

I think that the group focus upon Edward III and Richard II so if you want 12th century you are going to be out of luck.
I'm sure they have a website though so try a search online.
OSTENDE MIHI PECUNIAM!