Plantagenet Group

Re-Enactment Societies - details and links

Moderator: Moderators

Rewyre

Plantagenet Group

Postby Rewyre » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:52 pm

Hi

After 12 months of teetering on the brink of donning wool and linen we'd like to join a society. Todd's Stuff suggested posting here to find the best group for us, and looking at the other posts that seems a good idea.

We are a family from Worcestershire, with one 13 year old son and two student daughters. We have a keen interest in matters medieval, the start of our kit (at least in part hand-stiched) and a rack of longbows that we can shoot. Ideally we need a group covering a good span of the Plantagenet period, as our range of interests spans from the 12C to mid 15C, but if we have to focus we will of course.

All suggestions welcome.

Brendan C

Re: Plantagenet Group

Postby Brendan C » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:19 am

Hi Rewyre

Noticed your reference to the 12th century, take a look at the Conquest site - might be of interest:

http://www.angevin.org/

Brendan C

That's not a new dawn, that's some Norman bastard burning down your village

Rewyre

Postby Rewyre » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:43 pm

Definitely consider these, thanks and may be in touch. The tricky seems to be covering exactly the right period to span from daughter two's particular interest (late 12C early 13C) and a decent chunk of 100 years war for the rest of us, AND still have a fairly local/regional base. Maybe we're trying too hard to find the best match, but as newbies we don't really know if/how much this matters. Any advice welcome.

Hoping to be at Berkley one day this w/e if anybody is there and can manage a chat?

Brendan C

Postby Brendan C » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:21 pm

Afraid we won't be at Berkley, we are at Dover Castle the following weekend doing the seige of 1216. 100 years war is outside our remit, but the late 12th / early 13th is our speciality.

If you want to ask any questions, feel free to PM

Brendan C

That's not a new dawn, that's some Norman bastard burning down your village

Dave B
Post Knight

Postby Dave B » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:18 am

Rewyre wrote:Hoping to be at Berkley one day this w/e if anybody is there and can manage a chat?

We'll be there. Too far north for you, and a little too late historically (agincourt is about as early as we go these days) but say hello if you recognise me from my picture and I'll make some introductions.

Find time in every day to look at your life and say; 'Well, it could be worse'

Kurt's uncle Bob.

Nigel
Post Knight

Postby Nigel » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:32 am

Glad you popped over to see us at the weekend

Hope we are what you are looking for

There’s a country in Europe where they treat their ex soldiers with pride no waits for medical treatment after injuries received during service, no amensia from the government. Cant for the life of me recall where it is but I know exactly where it is not.

Return to “Societies”