Rose and Thistle (RaT) mid 18th century

Re-Enactment Societies - details and links

Moderator: Moderators

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Rose and Thistle (RaT) mid 18th century

Post by Tod »

RaT is one the element groups of Lace Wars. Originally set up by three re-enactors who wanted to accurately recreate a Jacobite unit from the 1745 Jacobite Rebellion as well as have an alternative guise as Highwaymen and footpads from the mid 18th century. RaT has grown to be the largest group within Lace Wars with over 30 members. We are family friendly and welcome new and experienced re-enactors into our group.
At 1745 events our members portray John Roy Stewarts Edinburgh Regt, one of the biggest cross section units within the Jacobite Army. As such we represent Highlanders, Lowlanders, English, French (RE) and Irish (IP). We pride ourselves on having one of the best field kitchens where the accuracy of the food prepared is equal to the level of the costume worn by our members. We aim to be the best 1745 Jacobite group in the world.
We offer a try before you buy week end where we will loan you clothing and kit.

For more information please PM me.

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Re: Rose and Thistle (RaT) mid 18th century

Post by Tod »

We are looking to increase the size of our group for 2011. You are welcome to portray any of the roles listed above but in particular we are looking for people to portray Highlanders. You don't have to be Scottish or have a lot of knowledge of the period. Remember we are (re-en)actors. We will help you learn about the '45 and most of our newer members tell us that they haven't learnt more from the membership than they ever have from books. We can loan you kit and point you in the direction of reliable suppliers.
If your interested drop me a PM.

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Post by Tod »

The new RaT web site is now up and running at www.18thcentury.org
I still have a few things to sort out with it. There will also be a new email link from the site but for now if you have any questions please post here or PM me.
Tod

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Post by Tod »

The web site is done and the email address linked from it is now working.