I currently store the majority of my stuff inside an oval wood box from Cezar the Pole.
Equipment which is (almost) sorted:
- - 1 x 3 thread bobbin needle case (Tod's Stuff) contains steel and bronze period needles, wound with 28/2 logwood black, semi-bleached and unbleached linen thread.
- 1 x small needle case - contains brass needles.
- 1 x small linen emery bag
- 1 x brass awl
- 1 x fine bone awl
- 1 x snips in sheath (Tod's Stuff)
- 1 x large horn thimble
- 1 x fine brass netting shuttle (Sweetness and Light) - for when I learn to net eventually.
- 2 x pairs of pewter cloak clasps from Chimera
- 4 x sets of pewter buttons, currently stored in ziplock bags - to be replaced with linen bags.
- 1 x set horn buttons - also needs linen bag.
- Various large turned bobbins, carrying 28/2 and 16/2 threads in various natural dyed colours.
- 100 small brass pins - currently in a plastic box, should probably be in a small turned wooden box.
- Points in plastic box - as above.
- Lacing rings in plastic box - as above.
- Beeswax on a string for coating threads.
- Linen tape in various colours.
- Tablet/Inkle braid in various colours.
- Various lengths of lacings.
- - My very fine (100/2 and 80/3) linen threads which are currently on card board rolls.
- My other linen threads which are either in hanks or on carboard rolls.
- My embroidery silks which are either in hanks or on modern reels.
- Need more pins, preferably slightly larger than ones I have currently.
- Need larger pair of scissors which would be used to cut fabric
- Period equivalent to tailor's chalk
- Period equivalent to tailor's yardstick/tape measure
This sewing kit is to cover WOTR to end of Kentwell periods as these are my current planned events for the year.