dress forms/tailors dummies

Making, Pictures, Queries, Resources

Moderator: Moderators

m300572
Post Centurion

Post by m300572 »

Having mentioned the existance of a non-politically correct theory, you now have to tell us what it is!
Ok then, Many male major fashion designers are 'not straight' so they design clothes to fit boys and have models with boyish figures to model them.

m300572
Post Centurion

Post by m300572 »

Allegedly! :lol: :lol: :lol:

katiepoppycat

Post by katiepoppycat »

My mother has been saying that for years! This has developed into a very interesting thread, I never even thought about the whole position of chest thing when i started this originally. I do 15C so I'm guessing it wouldn't be the end of the world if I used a dummy with the wrong level chest - nothing i'm making will fit snugly enough for this to be a disaster. Totally off topic, I went to the Hainsworth shop today and it was ace. Great tip Debs!

Frances Perry

Dummies for Dummies

Post by Frances Perry »

Hi Katiepoppycat :twisted:

Decided that due to the fact that I am obviously some oddly-shaped atypical person who hovers between two professional dummy shapes, I'm gonna try the Duct Tape dummy:

http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/mak ... tDummy.htm

Might try to amalgamate two or three different methods - perhaps using some kind of foam and expanding filler to make the dummy more rigid and pinnable?

Also, the idea of using an old christmas tree stand is blooming good!

Might try it this Saturday with Paul taping me up - kinky!
http://www.medievalartandwoodcraft.com

“In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use.” Achille Marozzo, 1536