Costume Queries

Making, Pictures, Queries, Resources

Moderator: Moderators

MissyG

Costume Queries

Postby MissyG » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:52 am

To whom it may concern,
May I ask if anyone knows of available reenactment clothes that are second-handed and cannot be sold in your markets, or that will not be sold anymore?

I am browsing around for a simple, working class dress that I can wear regularly, do you have any pieces or garments that cannot be displayed or sold or even undergarments for a lower price (just about any era will do!)

Alice the Huswyf
Post Knight

Re: Costume Queries

Postby Alice the Huswyf » Wed May 13, 2015 9:41 am

If you give people an idea of the clothing sizes required and the standard you are broadly aiming for ( I like second hand kit for very many reasons but define it in four broad standards - whether it is for fancy dress, for theatrical costume, for beginner re-enactment or for interpretative history presentations). This will help make useful offers, rather than random off-cast junk that may not correctly match as an outfit and which you may have to rework.

Most items can be sold second-hand somewhere (re-enactors do collect - I regularly look at and sell through the buy and sell part of this forum) so 'd hate anyone to misread your request as a chance to dump junk. I would also help to give a clue on "any period" as this forum caters from pre-historic to cold war via non-British interest groups. If you could narrow it down a bit more - perhaps "medieval" or "Eighteenth century" that would help too.

I'd also re-post this as a WANTED in the buy and sell section. Sellers love a buyer!

Is it 'coz I is middewl clarse, aih?

Neil of Ormsheim

Re: Costume Queries

Postby Neil of Ormsheim » Wed May 13, 2015 6:59 pm

You may, also, want to specify a period e.g. Victorian, Napoleonic, Roman, Migration, Saxon/Viking etc.

Lurv 'n' Kizzez

Return to “Costumes”