Recycle your remnants and help a school

Making, Pictures, Queries, Resources

Moderator: Moderators

Alice the Huswyf
Post Knight

Recycle your remnants and help a school

Postby Alice the Huswyf » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:05 pm

Can I ask a favour?

A local junior school has a sewing club run by one of the teachers. Obviously no funding - yet is is an important skill from so many angles (design, maths, creativity, confidence building etc). She's trying to do it all from her own resources.

Can we get together and help?

If you have smallish wool remnants - melton or hot wash-feltable pieces of soft wool large enough to make purses, bags, pieces of soft toys or to cut out for decorations could you put them on one side for me? I can collect at TORM to save you and the school costs.

Similarly any decent offcut pieces of any other kind of fabric - cottons, poly-cottons, velours, upholstery or curtain fabric, fur fabric, ribbon, tape, yarn, odd half spools of thread - anything - would be welcomed!

You might - like me - be saving 'useful' half yards which take up space - the school would be very, grateful and they would certainly be used (especially as they are putting on Alice in Wonderland, which is a big project for them)!

She is also a freecycler, so anything she can't use, will get passed on where it will help someone else with a similar project.

Thank you - Alice

Is it 'coz I is middewl clarse, aih?

Jackie Phillips

Re: Recycle your remnants and help a school

Postby Jackie Phillips » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:36 pm

How many bin bags full would you like?

Trust your instincts, whatever else you do.

Alice the Huswyf
Post Knight

Postby Alice the Huswyf » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:09 pm

Weeeeell - two or three binbags of the larger offcut pieces would be a nice start. We can always swamp the dear lady in March! What she can't use, I expect the local brownies, guides etc will share.

Nigel
Post Knight

Postby Nigel » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:55 pm

Damm ou beat me to it having had a productive weekend sans Debs there ar now 8-10 bags full of wool, linens, cottons and some silk bits

You could ahve had the lot :D

There’s a country in Europe where they treat their ex soldiers with pride no waits for medical treatment after injuries received during service, no amensia from the government. Cant for the life of me recall where it is but I know exactly where it is not.

Alice the Huswyf
Post Knight

Postby Alice the Huswyf » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:47 pm

Can I bag the biggest bits Lubbly Niegel?

Nigel
Post Knight

Postby Nigel » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:37 am

It would mean going through them and wahts BIG ?

There’s a country in Europe where they treat their ex soldiers with pride no waits for medical treatment after injuries received during service, no amensia from the government. Cant for the life of me recall where it is but I know exactly where it is not.

Alice the Huswyf
Post Knight

Postby Alice the Huswyf » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:08 pm

How long is a piece of string? Can I have a couple of bags with the most interesting bits in. becuase if I am left to sort it, I will keep all the tiny bits and you will upset Mr Huswyf.

Return to “Costumes”