Wanted advice - C14 - C15 boots

Making, Pictures, Queries, Resources

Moderator: Moderators

WhiteWolf

Wanted advice - C14 - C15 boots

Post by WhiteWolf »

Ok peeps

Looking for suppliers of Medieval Boots ready for the new season (yes I know I've left it late :P )

We've contacted the lads @ GDFB they are out of stock till late May :cry:

I found these:

http://www.philfraser.com/images/Medium ... oots_2.jpg

from Phil Fraser.

I just wanted to get peeps advice as to their suitability with regards design, price, wear and so on.

Come on peeps not a lot of time.

cheers in advance

WW 8)
Last edited by WhiteWolf on Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

craig1973

Post by craig1973 »

Hi WW

I've got a pair - I chose Phil by recommendation and his price fitted my budget. Chose these boots coz they look cool. Bit tight to start with but are softening up nicely. Cheaper than say Kevin Garlick or Plantagnet shoes who I also looked at

At my first show I borrowed some Garlick boots from my captain which are similar and thought - this is the look I want. So they're good for C15.

They were delivered on time and with hand-written note about the initial tightness (nice touch!)

Obviously they haven't seen a full season yet but are comfortable and like I said Phil is well thought of.

Craig

nev

Post by nev »

phil's stuff can be relied upon to be good and fairly accurate, garlick is also worth a look, planto's are wonderful but you pay for them but there's no way you'll get a pair of them before the season, the only other one i can think of is pilgrim shoes http://www.pilgrimshoes.co.uk
Heads you live...tails you die.

WhiteWolf

Post by WhiteWolf »

nev wrote:phil's stuff can be relied upon to be good and fairly accurate, garlick is also worth a look, planto's are wonderful but you pay for them but there's no way you'll get a pair of them before the season, the only other one i can think of is pilgrim shoes http://www.pilgrimshoes.co.uk
Thanks Nev

Prices look good, but they are to late - they're Tudor.

Cheers again

WW 8)

JC Milwr

Post by JC Milwr »

Whitewolf: Frugal is still willing to alter his for you, as they need doing anyway, they will be there for you at Easter!

You could also ask Eric ;)

J

WhiteWolf

Post by WhiteWolf »

JC Milwr wrote:Whitewolf: Frugal is still willing to alter his for you, as they need doing anyway, they will be there for you at Easter!

You could also ask Eric ;)

J
cheers Boss

I had completly forgot about those, that would be great.

Thankyou

WW 8)

kate/bob

Post by kate/bob »

You mean you haven't been to Bool's fetish footwear?! The finest boot maker in the land!!