Any reflections on Plessis Armouries?

Making, Pictures, Queries, Resources

Moderator: Moderators

Mark T

Any reflections on Plessis Armouries?

Postby Mark T » Sun May 15, 2011 1:21 am

Does anyone have any opinions, reflections, or experiences with Plessis Armouries / Kevin Legg (http://www.plessisarmouries.co.uk/)?

Specifically, I'm interested in the quality and expected longevity of their work and historical accuracy, but can't find much here about them.

If you have any responses that you don't want to post publicly (positive, negative, or otherwise), feel free to PM them to me.

Apologies if this is the wrong forum for posting this; I asked in the tech help section, and was advised that this would be the best place.

Thanks!

the real lord duvet

Re: Any reflections on Plessis Armouries?

Postby the real lord duvet » Sun May 15, 2011 1:39 am

kevin is top notch.
i got several bits from him when i did the hitty thing.

and a nice bloke that will remember you forever.

some of his stuff is even in the tower of london armouries exibitions claiming to be original.

Handbag

Postby Handbag » Sun May 15, 2011 9:59 am

My other half has a full suit from him of late 14th C. Really nice to deal with , listens well to what we wanted and produced a lovely set of armour too!! He was really enthusiastic about what he made for us and his attention to detail was fab! we used him for this after having Hourglass Gauntlets from him about 6 years ago which have never even popped a rivet. top notch!! Theres a couple of guys in our group that now have full suits from him.

Sophia
Post Centurion

Postby Sophia » Sun May 15, 2011 11:10 am

Peter C-H has a very nice single piece, hand raised gunners sallet from him, padded spider is rivetted in.

I know from talking to him that he understands how a human body is put together and the importance of a good fit - he makes all his own period clothes, including his personal arming doublets. IIRC he likes customers to already have the arming doublet and hose they intend to fight in so he can get a top notch fit on plate.

aka Thomasin Chedzoy, Tailor at Kentwell Hall

the real lord duvet

Postby the real lord duvet » Sun May 15, 2011 11:24 am

if you remember the dancing knight on braniac.......

that was kevins work

hes say not his dancing

Colin Middleton
Absolute Wizard

Postby Colin Middleton » Mon May 16, 2011 1:05 pm

Never bought anthing off Kevin, but I do get good impressions from him. The only full harness of his that I've seen was on Mark Lancaster (I think) at SWASH 2 years ago and it really looked the part. He didn't appear to have any mobility problems in it.

Let us know how you get on.

Colin

"May 'Blood, blood, blood' be your motto!"

Return to “Costumes”