im a 15th century reenactor wanting to do saxon stuff

Making, Pictures, Queries, Resources

Moderator: Moderators

armourjon

im a 15th century reenactor wanting to do saxon stuff

Postby armourjon » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:47 pm

hi there i have been doing 15th century reenactment for about 6 years now and i love it by no means do i want to give up doing 15th century, however id like to do some saxon reenacting also as i have a few friends in regia. armour is no issue as im an armourer however i need to know where to find the soft kit ie; tunics, saxon leg wear, the saxon leg wrappings, hats ,belts and shoes. i have a picture of the saxon shoes id like to buy are they right someone please help :D

thanks

picture below are these shoes ok for around 950-1066 :?:
Attachments
saxon shoes.gif

Nigel
Post Knight

Postby Nigel » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:17 pm

shoes look ok

Pmd you re soft kit

There’s a country in Europe where they treat their ex soldiers with pride no waits for medical treatment after injuries received during service, no amensia from the government. Cant for the life of me recall where it is but I know exactly where it is not.

nathan

Postby nathan » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:42 pm

IF you are looking to join Regia then i would suggest you discuss this with you new GL / AO (ditto the vike). One groups idea of perfect may be wildyly different to another.

The shoes are not a pattern i recogise (but not a particularly clear picture) as always ask the seller what they are based on and go from there. Who are they coming from?

If you want to buy soft kit then debs is probably the best choice (certainly can't think of better), but most dark age soft kit is made by the wearer or another member fo thier group for trade (not as strong a trader element as in the WotR circuit).

The tailoring/shaping for earlier stuff is a ton simpler than C15th, most people can diy with a wee bit of guidance.

Where are you based?

N.

http://www.conroidevey.co.uk
Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Nigel
Post Knight

Postby Nigel » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:46 pm

nathan are yous ure morgan does a type very simila which several of us ahve

There’s a country in Europe where they treat their ex soldiers with pride no waits for medical treatment after injuries received during service, no amensia from the government. Cant for the life of me recall where it is but I know exactly where it is not.

armourjon

Postby armourjon » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:49 pm

thanks nathan, im based in crawley which is between brighton and gatwick airport basically. i have had an invite from regia, so thats who ill be going with, i can make kit however the problem is that i have so many orders on with the armour being off season its so difficult for me to make anything, i have also got my girlfriend into 15th century so ive had to sort her kit too as well as lots of commisions on the armour.
really im after a nice basic wool tunic that would be ok for a soldior as well as the saxon trousers, do you have a contact for debs?

nerf herder

Postby nerf herder » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:39 pm

do you have a contact for debs?

PM Tuppence on this forum

or Nigel

Nerfy

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gonna be there...."

Nigel
Post Knight

Postby Nigel » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:55 pm

you rang

nathan

Postby nathan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:10 am

Nigel wrote:nathan are yous ure morgan does a type very simila which several of us ahve

(As mentioned , iffy picture would have to see something better to be sure) bear in mind regia is 950-1066 and conquest tends towards somewhat later.

nerf herder wrote:
do you have a contact for debs?

PM Tuppence on this forum or Nigel

as nerfy said, pm tuppence.

http://www.conroidevey.co.uk

Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Nigel
Post Knight

Postby Nigel » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:43 pm

fair point on dates

Return to “Costumes”