New films in production

Anything with a vague historical bent

Moderator: Moderators

Aelfcyn

New films in production

Post by Aelfcyn »

There are two new films coming out next year ( hopefully ): Valhalla Rising ( with Mads Mikkelsen as the lead ) which looks like it will be good, and Eagle of the Ninth, which is an adaption of Rosemary Sutcliff's book of that name, although apparently the Romans are all going to be played by Americans and have American accents....why, ffs :roll: ....personally, from what I've read so far, they're going to completely butcher the book, but meh - will see it anyway ! Kevin McDonald is producing it...whoever he is....

Just thought I'd let youse all know, as I'm chomping at the bit for these !

squamatus

Post by squamatus »

Hopefully they'll use the CGI Centurions from "BattleStar Galactica" rather than bothering with more in depth research. It'll look great!!! :wink:
Robin Brown

Legio VIII Augusta MGV
http://roman.org.uk

Jim Smith

Post by Jim Smith »

Oh b**ger. Another childhood fave given the Hollywood treatment. Just getting over what they've done to 'The Dark is Rising'. I suspect that the studio execs think that if they don't use American actors, the home audience won't see the movie.
"I hold it to be of great prudence for men to abstain from threats and
insulting words towards any one, for neither the one nor the other in any
way diminishes the strength of the enemy." Niccolo Machiavelli

craig1459
Post Centurion

Post by craig1459 »

squamatus wrote:Hopefully they'll use the CGI Centurions from "BattleStar Galactica" rather than bothering with more in depth research. It'll look great!!! :wink:
Hail Gaius! :wink:
die Behmen hinder iren bafosen ... stunden vest wie die mauren

Handbag

Re: New films in production

Post by Handbag »

Aelfcyn wrote: ! Kevin McDonald is producing it...whoever he is....
!
did he not produce "the last king of scotland" or is that a different kevin McDonald ? cuz i liked that film!!