Intrested in reenacting - Easter

For traders and related people to share

Moderator: Moderators

Pete1975

Intrested in reenacting - Easter

Post by Pete1975 »

Hi,

I am interested in reenacting medieval and wondered if there were any events going on over Easter. I will be in the midlands but happy to travel. I would like to be able to chat to reenactors and look at equipment at markets.

Anything going on?

Many Thanks

Peter

Billman

Post by Billman »

There will be a big Livery & Maintenance event at Warwick Castle. There will be plenty of re-enactors to chat to and equipment to look at but there won’t be anybody trading. Livery & Maintenance are an umbrella group for various C15th (Wars of the Roses) groups http://www.et-tu.com/livery/cgi-bin/index.cgi

Fillionous

Post by Fillionous »

Over the Easter bank holiday the MSS will be at Heddingham castle. There should be a few traders, plus the usual mix of living history, demos of weapons armour, fighting styles, falconer, archery competition and skermishes and battle.

Be bright, be bold
Fillionous
Orathanni tal ka Zarness - Blessings of the Stars
http://shieldmaiden.co.uk - for heraldry, shields and banners.

Jenn

Post by Jenn »

why not go along to the The Orginal re-enactors Market - google it you'll get all details of exactly where it is . I am not being unhelpful I just don't drive and consequently am rubbish at giving directions to people who do ( but not far from Coventry is about as good as I get )next weekend and meet up with some medieval types there as well and then go and look at the re-enactments as well?

Nigel
Post Knight

Post by Nigel »

Conquest are on pilrimage (don't laugh we are doing a religious show) if you fancy something earlier c 12th century

Its up in Yorkshire so if you fancy extreme reeancting :D
There’s a country in Europe where they treat their ex soldiers with pride no waits for medical treatment after injuries received during service, no amensia from the government. Cant for the life of me recall where it is but I know exactly where it is not.

Tuppence
Post Knight

Post by Tuppence »

the market is at ryton on dunsmore - www.reenactorsmarket.co.uk

conquest's site is at www.angevin.org
"What a lovely hat! But may I make one teensy suggestion? If it blows off, don't chase it."
Miss Piggy
RIP Edward the avatar cat.

davetmoneyer

Post by davetmoneyer »

Hi there will be a multi period show with traders at West Stow Saxon Village
nr Bury St Edmunds Easter Sunday and Monday
Regards Dave
Dave T Moneyer
perveyour of high quality cheap tat
Moneyer to the Bank of England
and the World
Regular prices for reasonable customers
http://www.grunal.com

Marcus Woodhouse
Absolute Wizard

Post by Marcus Woodhouse »

The Black Maunch and others will be reenacting the "Battle" of Derby (more of a big skirmish really but so was St.Albans 1 and no-one calls that a fisticuff) near Derby, funny enough. Go to re-enactors wanted for more information.
OSTENDE MIHI PECUNIAM!