Game Meat Sausage and Burger delivery to shows

Moderator: Moderators

Mark Beckwith

Game Meat Sausage and Burger delivery to shows

Post by Mark Beckwith »

Martin has just got off the phone to a chap who is going to be able to supply us with
Venison
duck (most types of fowl infact)
goose
boar etc all year round which means that we will be able to bring alot more meats etc to shows,would anyone want whole ducks etc for LH camp kitchens ?
Its also legit and if anyone has any queries contact either myself or martin
Last edited by Mark Beckwith on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andy T

Post by Andy T »

oooh Martin that sounds very tempting! What sort of duck would that be? I'm guessing not gressingham but mallard/similar wildfowl? and boar mmmmm...
Infamy, infamy, infamy they've all got it in for me...
http://s3.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=211216

Martin Cowley

Post by Martin Cowley »

just got back from our game man lol and he has some great stuff for example a 3 bird roast bones pheasant in a boned chicken in a boned goose with pork n apricots,different varieties of venison,hare,rabbit etc etc,he's opening a shop @ the end of the month and is going to stock our stuff,which is nice lol.He was also talking about stocking our jerky and trading meat for jerky :D

DomT

Post by DomT »

Wine and fruit suaces are good.

Just be carefull on the odd bit of lead shot. Not always a good idea to chomp away regardless.

Anyone know what happens if you microwave a chunk of duck with a few bits of lead in it?
"Sir, I disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. "

"To hear one voice clearly, we must have freedom to hear them all."

Dom Twist. Black Company, Kernow Levy, Team KGB and freelance idiot.

Panzerman

Post by Panzerman »

Dom - Anyone microwaving duck ought to be shot themselves!

Sacrelidge......

Slow, roast with fat or butter and loads of herbs and onions etc...... Cripes you Muddy Evils....
Panz - Forum sniper - infiltrate - one shot - exfiltrate....

Martin Cowley

Post by Martin Cowley »

We are now in a position to deliver BBQ packs containing home made
venison
welsh black beef
Aberdeen angus
welsh lamb
wildboar
sausages,burgers,bacon or kebabs

also joints of the above ready for roasting on a spit or pottages and game birds either plucked or still feathered.
We will be able to do it to order only and the orders will need to be delivered to the campsite or picked up from our stall no later than saturday dinner time.
We are hoping to have a load of pre-order forms ready soon but peops can order via the website and it will be cash on delivery and not upfront.

Is this a good idea or would people still prefer the cheapy bacon n sausages ? are there people who would make use of such a service ,it seems like a good one and i will post a price list on here.
Opinions and other ideas would be gratefully accepted :D

moosiemoosiegander

Post by moosiemoosiegander »

Heya

Would most definitely be interested in ordering meat from you and picking it up at shows, would certainly save on the faff of transporting it and you have a much better 'off the peg' selection than our local butcher!

Would concievably be interested in some sausages and something for potage or a roasting joint per event that you are there.
I'm up and dressed, what more do you want?

DomT

Post by DomT »

Pz> Hmm? On I tend to slow cook stuff like this on the woodburner....however as I seem incapable of cooking for less that 20 I tend to end up with a freezer full of stuff. Most of it reheats or defrosts quite nicely in the 'wave.

The nuke box steams vegtables quite well also.
"Sir, I disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. "

"To hear one voice clearly, we must have freedom to hear them all."

Dom Twist. Black Company, Kernow Levy, Team KGB and freelance idiot.