Flavoured vodkas

Moderator: Moderators

MedicKitten

Postby MedicKitten » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:09 am

Another simply AMAZING recipe involves a bottle of brandy, two cups of blueberries and a quarter inch of cinnamon stick. Mush up the berries, add half a cup of sugar, dump everything in a large mason jar, leave in a sunny window about 4 months...tastes MUCH better than the original cheap alcohol.

Also raspberry (at least, i THINK they were raspberries i picked) vodka - 2 cups raspberries, one cup sugar, squish berries, add sugar, dump in jar with vodka, leave 4 months, et cetera (STRAIN the stuff before you try to drink it)

Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Cat
Post Centurion

Postby Cat » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:14 pm

The blueberry one sounds good, will have to try that.

Reminded me of one that Andrea does, which involves dumping a whole cinnamon stick into a whole bottle of vodka, leave 2 days, drink. It's very warming, and doesn't need sweetening.

shade

Postby shade » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:01 pm

Unless I missed it - Jelly Baby Vodka - if you load it with enough jelly baby you get jelly baby flavoured vodka with vodka flavoured jelly at the bottom....

Easy mulled vodka - contents of one Tescos finest mulled wine doobry emptied out of muslin into vodka - stand 1/2 hour - pour into jug through teastrainer lined with muslin, add honey to taste

Curry vodka - buy fresh curry herbs & spices chop up fine & steep for a week in the fridge then strain

Haribo sour vodka doesn't work

Shall I think of Honour as lies,
Or lament its aged slow demise

Return to “Food and Drink”