Wartime Christmas dinner

Moderator: Moderators

Warden_D

Wartime Christmas dinner

Post by Warden_D »

What ho everyone,

Since I wrote my blog about our wartime mock turkey dinner, I have been asked for the recipe several times. so rather than send the recipe out 851 times, I maked a quick "how to make" video of our wartime mock turkey in the style of Blue Peter.

Sorry there is no commentary, but I appear to have a problem with the microphone and the computer operating system, so instead of silence I found a nice 1940s festive tune to cook by.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseacti ... d=24095350

For those of you on dial up rather than broadband here is a piccy

Till next time

Harry

Warden_D

Post by Warden_D »

If I am honest it tasted nothing like turkey, but was good.

Harry

auldMotherBegg

Post by auldMotherBegg »

That was really neat! I loved the way you looked at the camera with the parsnip 'turkey leg bones' in your hands.

Well done! (except now I have that little tune going round in my head...) :wink:

Warden_D

Post by Warden_D »

Thanks auldMotherBegg,

Tried mock goose the other day, which has no meat in it at all, was not a success.

Harry

GOK

Post by GOK »

What was the mock goose made from Craig? I've had tofu mock goose, which is gorgeous...unfortunately I have a soya sensitivity, so whilst I may like it, it really doesn't like me.

**is the lamest vegetarian ever!**

Cecily

Wartime christmas dinner

Post by Cecily »

Brilliant video. I shall try it, but I don't think it'd go down well at Christmas. Anyway we'll have to have (real) goose to provide us re-enactors with a year's supply of goose grease! We enjoyed the wartime mock marzipan, but for normal use I make it half:half real:mock. It's done with soya flour so isn't too sweet.