In need of some help!! Any would be greatfully accepted!

Historic questions, thoughts and other interesting stuff

Moderator: Moderators

Rudhmellowen

In need of some help!! Any would be greatfully accepted!

Post by Rudhmellowen »

Hello,

Im currently studying for a degree in Archaeology at Bournemouth University, and the programme will be complete once I have completed my 15,000 word dissertation...

I am currently looking to study Re enactment for my dissertation. I was hoping to look differing views of this heritage area, including individual stories from re-enactors...

If you are interested in helping me in any way, I would be so greatful, I have a series of questions that I would love for some people to answer for me... If you are interested can you please let me know?!!

Thanks xxx

Ayliffe's Steve

Post by Ayliffe's Steve »

Depending on time commitments I am happy to help you.

Even better come along to our training nights if you are only in Guildford (we are in Basingstoke).

We train every Tuesday and Thursday and have some people in the group who have been at this hobby longer than I have been alive.

Oddly, we even have an archaeologist.
All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors.

We are the GCoT - you will be assimilated.

Dave B
Post Knight

Re: In need of some help!! Any would be greatfully accepted!

Post by Dave B »

What timescale are you on. I would really reccomend coming to one of the major events, bringing a sleeping bag and tent and getting in as a guest of one of the groups. you could collect more material then you knew what to do with in a weekend.
Find time in every day to look at your life and say; 'Well, it could be worse'

Kurt's uncle Bob.

Marcus Woodhouse
Absolute Wizard

Post by Marcus Woodhouse »

If you are able to get to Swindon the on Thursday next I'll be happy to take you up to the event the Black maunch are running near Derby.
OSTENDE MIHI PECUNIAM!

nix

Post by nix »

ther are quit a few reanactors who are arcoligests, or historians, and most would be willing to help. it may even be usful for conparasons of job types eg, "wilbert is a leather smith at shows and nos every thuingh about donig it orfenticly but in real life he makes leather craft for gift shops ect, " personely i am a soldier in reanctment and real life as well, my nowldege on dates is rubbish but some of the little things i no will blow your mind.

like said befor nowing the time line your interested in and any offer specifications would be good as we can send you in the right direction, for ect a ggod freind of mine is a civilwar reanactorr but a neolific arcoligest any help we can give let us no.
im like a bad case of genital warts.
im an irritable c?@t ,
that keeps on coming back,
but i grow on you

the real lord duvet

Post by the real lord duvet »

nix wrote:my nowldege on dates is rubbish but some of the little things i no will blow your mind.
Nix

Stop trying to chat the lady up with you prowese beneath the sleeping bag. We remember Tagle! The Screams, you could hear all her in the village.

John Waller
Post Knight

Post by John Waller »

If you are in Guildford then come along to the Guildford Area Re-enactors next drinks session in the George Abbot, Guildford, on tuesday 10th April. We are a group of friends from different societies covering the 11th to 20th centuries.

PM me if you want further info.
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

nix

Post by nix »

why do i always get accused of trying to chat women up, cant even offer honest freindly addvice any m,ore, im just miss under stood, that and ill have you no ive been seeing a very sweet young lady for the last six mounths and n ot tried it on very any one essle in that timeso na na .
but its true you cant teach an old dog new trtic ks,
im like a bad case of genital warts.
im an irritable c?@t ,
that keeps on coming back,
but i grow on you

Skeg

Post by Skeg »

Hiya, my partner and I are both archaeologists as well as re-enactors too - if you would like to ask us any questions let us know or send us a PM.

Cheers, Caz.

Meg

Post by Meg »

My degree was History & Archaeology (joint honours) and I've been re-enacting for more than 10 years. PM me if I can help.

Sian

m300572
Post Centurion

Post by m300572 »

I too am an archaeologist and reenactor - I also have an interest in archaeological reconstruction and teach heritage interpretation. If you have any specific questions send them out.

Peter
Wilkes and Liberty, Wilkes and the Forty Five