My new 15thC clothing and armour.

Yourselves, events, parties, costumes...

Moderator: Moderators

Rod Walker

My new 15thC clothing and armour.

Post by Rod Walker »

Just showing off some of my new gear that arrived this week.

Firstly my clothing:

Shoes and Chaperon from Historic Enterprises. The rest of the clothing from Tamara Lees. I threw it on very quickly so some of it is not sitting correctly. The codpiece also needs to be made a little smaller :D

And my new harness. Made by Jiri Lucius. The legs are on their way. This will be a full harness for battle and joust. I will have a frogmouth made for it for the joust.

Scraggles

Post by Scraggles »

Nice set of kit, makes a change for someone in full harness to actually have the right sort of well made soft kit to compliment the metal work :)

latheaxe

Post by latheaxe »

Whos' a lucky boy then..Very nice bit of kit there...Wouldnt' go around shouting that you cant' fill your cod piece lol... :wink: :lol:

Cat
Post Centurion

Post by Cat »

Nice soft kit (spoken as a true Gwen fan!), fighting the urge to tweak your green gown down at the front so's it sits right though!
The joust armour is just lovely.

Anybody else note the 'catalogue model' pose on the soft kit, but the grin breaking through when in the armour? :)
http://www.blood.co.uk. You get biscuits and everything.
A'Stanley A'Stanley!

Baldrick

Post by Baldrick »

:shock: :shock: OO you don`t want to be saying that about your codpiece lol, should read ""The codpiece also needs alot of attention as I find there just isn`t enough swinging room, walking and sitting is very restricted and uncomfortable, I hope Tamara has a few more yards of the same material ""
:wink:

Nice kit matey
:)
"War is at first like a beautiful girl with whom all men long to play,but in the end like a repulsive hag whose suitors all weep and ache" Samuel Hanagid (993-1056)

AJ

Post by AJ »

Very nice indeed! Forgive me if this has already been discussed but whereabouts are you and what group are you with? If you're doing the Brisbane event in May (is it still?) you're up there with the best dressed.

I love the jousting armour and would like to give it a go, too expensive for a humble retained archer though. Do you have problems getting kit over to Oz (apart from self made of course)? Just wondering out of interest if there is a thriving re-enactment trading scene over there?

tonw

Post by tonw »

ohhh whos a posy posh one then,

Very nice kit tis a shame you're in OZ it would be weel received on the UK fields
--
You are never too old to storm a bouncy castle!

Don't poke angry people!!

Marcus Woodhouse
Absolute Wizard

Post by Marcus Woodhouse »

Hmm burgundy hose those would look suitable for my own consumption. burgundy, blue, and green. might just make the opposition vomit into compliance.

Rod Walker

Post by Rod Walker »

Just a quick pic as we are in the middle of a tournament week.

Scraggles

Post by Scraggles »

nice piccy, what's it like in OZ ?> heard it gets hot ?

Kate Tiler
Post Centurion

Post by Kate Tiler »

Wow!!!!

The sort of view that I leave my tent for to get a better look, leaving behind a group of people who were listening to me wondering where I've gone!

that and puppies....
http://www.katetiler.co.uk
http://www.companyofartisans.co.uk
"In art as in life everything is possible as long as it is based on love" Marc Chagall

Marina

Post by Marina »

Is it just me or is it completely surreal to see a re-enactment photo in such blazing sunshine? :wink:

Fantastic kit!

M
Things you wish you could say at work #23:
"I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter."

tailordrews

Post by tailordrews »

Hi,
Smashing gorgeous outfit, congratulations, and thanks for the pics!

Bjarne
The world is in need of beauty! Embroider!

On the eight day, god created costumes and reenactors!

Lady Morgan of Ercall

Post by Lady Morgan of Ercall »

Very noice!
(And from one Aussie to another....bring back that sunshine now! Am sick of the rain and hail, altho winter has just begun.)