Tournament Melee of Scottish Knights 1325

Yourselves, events, parties, costumes...

Moderator: Moderators

*Mythos

Tournament Melee of Scottish Knights 1325

Post by *Mythos »

I thought this might be of general interest.
Melee of Scottish Knights Small.jpg
A link to a larger size, and information on where to buy a copy can be found in the Picture Section (also 1100-1500) under the heading of

A Gallery of Helmet Adornments and Crests

*Mythos

Re: Tournament Melee of Scottish Knights 1325

Post by *Mythos »

Cost for the above illustration is £5 plus p and p.

zauberdachs
Post Centurion

Post by zauberdachs »

Just to check in case you have further information, this image is a modern interpretation of the 1325 event? Created by Mark D. Dennis?
Do not be loath, diligent reader, to winnow my chaff, and lay up the wheat in the storehouse of your memory. For truth regards not who is the speaker, nor in what manner it is spoken, but that the thing be true - Nennius, 8th century

*Mythos

Post by *Mythos »

Yes, it is an interpretation of a possible event. I have no information that it actually took place though.

Mark Dennis is the current Chairman of the Heraldry Society of Scotland. He is a well-known heraldic artist and has years of experience in the heraldry field. Hence, you can take it that the coats of arms and crests will have been well researched. Along with the actual poster, there is a description of the various participants depicted, so that one can locate each coat of arms from the melee.