Caldicot 2009

Yourselves, events, parties, costumes...

Moderator: Moderators

Fox
Absolute Wizard

Caldicot 2009

Post by Fox »

The photos for Caldicot 2009 are now available on the PKoSD website.

<CLICK ME>

As ever, if you'd like a bigger version of the picture for some reason, please contact me.
If you want to reuse the picture elsewhere, please credit the photographer, Chutny (spelt that way).

Master Jarvis

Re: Caldicot 2009

Post by Master Jarvis »

Great pictures! I really think they convey the spirit and vibrancy of re-enactment, and are very well composed, in my opinion.
Pass on, if you would, my compliments and admiration to the photographer.
Yours,
Master Jarvis
I'm not wierd, it's you!

Dave B
Post Knight

Post by Dave B »

I'm sure that Chutny will be pleased to hear it.

I think his pics of Kelmarsh are particularly good - especialy the ones of me!

I have noticed that for the black powder display at Caldicot (I was comentating) there are a lot more pictures of Jenny and Ems than there are of me and Dickie, I can't imagine why?
Find time in every day to look at your life and say; 'Well, it could be worse'

Kurt's uncle Bob.

Hinny Annie

Post by Hinny Annie »

they are great pictures, might nick a few for my facebook page
Boga Sceal Straele - a bow shall be for arrows

www.apieceofhistory.co.uk

Sir Edmund Mortimer

Post by Sir Edmund Mortimer »

Great photo's please pass on our appreciation and thanks.

Sir Edmund Mortimer
Last edited by Sir Edmund Mortimer on Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sampson de Strelley

Post by Sampson de Strelley »

yeah great photos, ive put a link on my facebook and will put them on the EMA facebook page

i love this one especially

http://www.poorknights.co.uk/coppermine ... =16&pos=55
lifes life get on with it :)

Earl Mortimer

Post by Earl Mortimer »

Sampson de Strelley wrote:yeah great photos, ive put a link on my facebook and will put them on the EMA facebook page

What you finally able to lift a sword above your head :* :wasntme:
The Swords Of Mercia Society
http://www.swordsofmercia.co.uk/
The Exiles
www.the-exiles.org.uk/

Sir Edmund Mortimer

got photos on photobucket but how do i put the link on here, i copied the img code but doesnt come up as a clickable link!!!

Sir Edmund Mortimer

Hoping this link provides the correct photo's taken at Caldicot 2009

http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r194 ... ot%202009/
Last edited by Sir Edmund Mortimer on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sampson de Strelley

Earl Mortimer wrote:
Sampson de Strelley wrote:yeah great photos, ive put a link on my facebook and will put them on the EMA facebook page

What you finally able to lift a sword above your head :* :wasntme:

oh get you, im not rising to it, nope lol

Sampson de Strelley

Sir Edmund Mortimer wrote:Hoping this link provides the correct photo's taken at Caldicot 2009

http://s936.photobucket.com/albums/ad210/sir-edmund/

great photos, if you are on facebook there is an ema facebook page, would be great if you could post them on it

cheers

Sir Edmund Mortimer

Sampson de Strelley wrote:
Sir Edmund Mortimer wrote:Hoping this link provides the correct photo's taken at Caldicot 2009

http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r194 ... ot%202009/

great photos, if you are on facebook there is an ema facebook page, would be great if you could post them on it

cheers
She wont put them on facebook ... to public !!!!!

Sampson de Strelley

if she puts it on the ema page only the members that the ema let on sort of thing will see them lol, yeah and the public wot she like lol

Sir Edmund Mortimer

Sampson de Strelley wrote:if she puts it on the ema page only the members that the ema let on sort of thing will see them lol, yeah and the public wot she like lol

we can't find them on facebook ! have you got a link we can link on please.

Sampson de Strelley

ok mmmmmmm send me a pm with your email on and ill send you an invite on my facebook to join it as i created the ema page

ta
stefon :devil:

House of De Clifford

Post by House of De Clifford »

Hi Guys,
Sorry to be the damp squid but i have been contacted by parents of the group noble tails, they have not and will not give permission for any of the photos with their children in to be published within the public domain. If you have a copy of any photos with their children in either in this forum or facebook ect.. could you please remove them immediatly and any links to them.
This is a request that is non negotiable, if you have any photos with their children in please delete them now.
Dave.
House of De Clifford
Suppliers of ethical fur and hides to Re- enactment, Film, Tv and Theatre.
http://www.houseofdeclifford.co.uk

Sir Edmund Mortimer

House of De Clifford wrote:Hi Guys,
Sorry to be the damp squid but i have been contacted by parents of the group noble tails, they have not and will not give permission for any of the photos with their children in to be published within the public domain. If you have a copy of any photos with their children in either in this forum or facebook ect.. could you please remove them immediatly and any links to them.
This is a request that is non negotiable, if you have any photos with their children in please delete them now.
Dave.
Fox you have their kids on your link as well ....original photos cropped and link changed :)

Fox
Absolute Wizard

Post by Fox »

Sir Edmund Mortimer wrote:
House of De Clifford wrote:Hi Guys,
Dave.
Fox you have their kids on your link as well ....original photos cropped and link changed :)
I'd like to clear up any possible misunderstanding.
It might appear to some that we are being accussed of some sort of minor impropriety; I'm sure this was obviously not the intention, but I'm quite suprised you've chosen to do this in a public forum where that sort of misunderstanding could be drawn by other people. Both Dave and Noble Tales could have contacted me by PM or e-mail.

On a point of order, their permission is not required, and by publishing pictures without seeking permission we have done nothing wrong.

I am not aware that any of our images obviously contain these children; I have looked and they don't appear to be the subject of any photos, either with adults or alone; obviously we would ask before taking and publishing that sort of picture.

I have responded to your PM, Dave, to identify which photographs you believe are relevant; obviously we are reasonable people and we'll see what can be done.

If I sound a little annoyed about the way this has been handled, it's because I am.

House of De Clifford

Fox, i will pm you to clear this up. I must point out that there is no accusation to anyone on this forum or any other forum regarding anything underhanded or illegal. It was a polite but firm request, nothing more. The reason for putting this post up publically was because so many people had mentioned about putting the photos as a whole on their facebook links therefore, everyone needed to be informed of the parents wishes.
Dave
House of De Clifford

lucy the tudor
Post Knight

Post by lucy the tudor »

I still think this is a " sad indictment of the attitudes of society issue".
Legally, if a person is in a public place, and the photo is taken with or without permission, surely it is the property of the person who took it, and they can display it as they choose. Certain advertising and similar restrictions being taken into account.
We have been blessed recently with lots of pictures of people behaving like complete pillocks, particularly young girls, dressed entirely inappropriately for the weather, and drunk, asleep in some cases in the snow. Shown in the national media, and I would very much doubt they had checked the age of the girls in question, or obtained their permission to show them in such a way.
I agree it is good practice to ask the person with care of a child for permission to take pictures if they are to be of the child as the subject, but are the re enactors children now to be seen as some kind of special case, in which having them in the background, or part of a shot, means we have to ask permission to use the photo in a public forum? If so, do we have to only take pictures without the audience at an event being in shot? Their children are surely just as vulnerable.
My kids are in photos all over the place. On collections of holiday snaps taken by people from the states, etc, particularly at Kentwell, and other events. On a number of occasions this has been a real treat for the family, as we get to see them how others do, and at odd and moody moments- one particular one of the lad looking up at the MOP, in his revolting goose turd green archers hat ( which is so rough I had wanted to chuck it after making it, but he loves it). He is obviously really cross with her interrupting his walk, and the look is pure venom, priceless. Wish i could remember where to find it.
This has been discussed before, I know, and sorry to have a quick rant about it, but it bothers me.
Children are precious, and wonderful and all that, but if we take them out, dressed up to attract attention, to events where people are encouraged to look at them, surely we should have them dressed appropriately so that any photos taken are not a risk to any one or their sensibilities.
Do we want a situation where people are forced to get all kids moved when they want to take a photograph, just in case?
If any member of the group who asked for the photos to be removed would be kind enough to pm me to explain what their objection hinges on, I would be grateful, because I genuinely don't understand.
lucythetudor@gmail.com

a filthy, *rse-grabbing strumpet, masquerading as a demure two-door lady.

Hinny Annie

Post by Hinny Annie »

House of De Clifford wrote:Fox, i will pm you to clear this up. I must point out that there is no accusation to anyone on this forum or any other forum regarding anything underhanded or illegal. It was a polite but firm request, nothing more. The reason for putting this post up publically was because so many people had mentioned about putting the photos as a whole on their facebook links therefore, everyone needed to be informed of the parents wishes.
Dave
1 of those was me, my original post said I might nick a few for my facebook page, just so there is no misunderstanding I have 1 picture from Caldicot it is of me and Louise.
Boga Sceal Straele - a bow shall be for arrows

www.apieceofhistory.co.uk

Fox
Absolute Wizard

Post by Fox »

I've now had a flurry of contacts from some of the people involved, with appologies.

I am assured there has been a misunderstanding and the request was not related to the Poor Knights pictures linked to on this thread; Edmund Mortimer's post is, apparently, a red herring.

I don't think there is any need for us to discuss this further.

House of De Clifford

Thank you Fox. Your behaviour and response in this matter do you credit.
As always, a loyal friend.
Dave.
House of De Clifford

lucy the tudor
Post Knight

Post by lucy the tudor »

Fairy nuff.
lucythetudor@gmail.com

a filthy, *rse-grabbing strumpet, masquerading as a demure two-door lady.

Sir Edmund Mortimer

This should never have been posted on here and dealt with excellently, although not sure about the Red Herring comment!
our post re others sites having said mentioned photo's was a genuine comment not a red herring the original post was the red herring :)
...... we are happy its all been sorted though.

Earl Mortimer

Post by Earl Mortimer »

for me this photo shows three knights looking at an open deck chair and saying 'race you'

http://www.poorknights.co.uk/coppermine ... =16&pos=51

:D :rofl:

looking forward to having a :beer: soon steff :thumbup:
The Swords Of Mercia Society
http://www.swordsofmercia.co.uk/
The Exiles
www.the-exiles.org.uk/

Sir Edmund Mortimer

Earl Mortimer wrote:for me this photo shows three knights looking at an open deck chair and saying 'race you'

definaetly an
"on your marks...get set ..go" moment lol

Sampson de Strelley

Earl Mortimer wrote:for me this photo shows three knights looking at an open deck chair and saying 'race you'

shane you are a wag of ra ra ra, all ways have a seat ready for my good lady elizabeth

im glad the subject of the photos has been resolved, im the creater of the ema facebook page which had the caldicot link, the photos that have been added have been put on by any one on the ema facebook circle or me. i understand all comments from everyone, as a re enactor and a member of the scout movement. if there are any photos that need to be removed, pm me the link and ill see wot i can do, ( however i do not check these pages regular, once a week is enough for me).

but i would like to say sorry to those concerned

and now looking forward, plans will be announced soon about caldicot 2010 and the ema agm is planned for march april time

take care all and shane mines a large pint :drunk:

Sampson de Strelley

Sir Edmund Mortimer wrote:

definaetly an
"on your marks...get set ..go" moment lol

no wot morti is on about, is my colours blue n white strips, hes funny lol, ill have pay back to the cheeky chappie