First shots of me in my new harness

Yourselves, events, parties, costumes...

Moderator: Moderators

Sir John Greystoke

First shots of me in my new harness

Postby Sir John Greystoke » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:12 pm

This is a pic of me in my new harness it needs some work and Im making the crest for my helm as this is going to be my tournment harness. I am going to make the harness as "bling" as possible! any ideas would be great.
Attachments
knight me.JPG
P1020142.JPG

greygaunt

Postby greygaunt » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:29 pm

Why not be content with making it as realistic as possible? :)

Fear is not a reason - merely an excuse

Zachos

Postby Zachos » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:51 pm

greygaunt wrote:Why not be content with making it as realistic as possible? :)

That includes making it as bling as possible. Knights were the original Gangsters, and would often spend huge amounts on ridiculous additions to their armour. Completely gold plated armour was not unheard of.

I like it. Its good to see a well done agincourt era harness. Bling ideas: Make yourself a decent parade shield, and a tournament shield for fighting with. A crest is a must, and go overboard with it. Finally, show us the results.

Slowly realizing just how far is still to go.

Sir John Greystoke

Postby Sir John Greystoke » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:43 am

yeah thats what Im going for. greystokes badge is a becon im getting that made at the moment got red and blue leather for the mantle on the great helm even working out a way to have real fire in the becon just for drmatic effect.

luckly for me my girlfriends dad is an artist and said he would paint my sheilds up for me im going to have two made one for fighting and for posing with. I will post some more pics when I get some. the harness is lovly got it from steel mastery took some time to get here but when it did its fitted really well. can really recormend there stuff.

http://www.steel-mastery.com/

WorkMonkey

Postby WorkMonkey » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:00 pm

It's all abit too blue and velvety for my taste :lol:

WORKMONKEY: The Wilderness Years.
Look at the monkey, funny monkey
Little red monkey, acting so fidgety

Sir John Greystoke

Postby Sir John Greystoke » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:31 pm

yeah i mite change the coat though the idea is to show my wealth in Tournament. well the wealth of the person i am playing. blue is part of the greystoke colours there will be read with the crest and
I will have full colours on my shield just got to get it all sorted and made now!

House of De Clifford

Postby House of De Clifford » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:42 am

i like it...more please. Who made the harness and who made the blue overcoat ?
Dave.

House of De Clifford
Suppliers of ethical fur and hides to Re- enactment, Film, Tv and Theatre.
http://www.houseofdeclifford.co.uk

Sir John Greystoke

Postby Sir John Greystoke » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:58 pm

the harness is made by steel mastary I think the coat was made by Mr hautary who is married to kitty the hat I think... I have just being making modles of my creast out of cardbord so i can find what works the best for the armour!!

thanks for saying you liked it to!

Would anyone no where I can get the petty cote things to point the leg armour to I sore them at the market but cant remember whos stall it was now

Marcus Woodhouse
Absolute Wizard

Postby Marcus Woodhouse » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:33 pm

I don't like you in the big great helm. Nothing wrong with it, i just don't think much of that style.
Also on the subject of style i'm not sure that that blue goes with your eyes. and that dagged look is sooooo.....

OSTENDE MIHI PECUNIAM!

medievalmark

Postby medievalmark » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:15 pm

ho much was the coat

House of De Clifford

Postby House of De Clifford » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:03 pm

Would anyone no where I can get the petty cote things to point the leg armour to I sore them at the market but cant remember whos stall it was now[/quote]

What are you useing at the moment to suspendthe legs ???
If you want a pukka arming doublet/ackaton i would suggest Debs of Padded Armour Company but they may have a waiting list.
Debs from AKA Jasons other half (sorry debs cant remember the company name...ive gone blank) also does fantastic arming soft kit.
There is also of course Jackie from cloaked and daggerd, She will be at Ludlow medieval market this weekend and i would say if you need one making soon then she is the girl to see, her work is as you would expect, superb.
Dave.

House of De Clifford
Suppliers of ethical fur and hides to Re- enactment, Film, Tv and Theatre.
http://www.houseofdeclifford.co.uk

Glorfindle

Postby Glorfindle » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:10 pm

House of De Clifford wrote:
Sir John Greystoke wrote:Would anyone no where I can get the petty cote things to point the leg armour to I sore them at the market but cant remember whos stall it was now

What are you useing at the moment to suspendthe legs ???
If you want a pukka arming doublet/ackaton i would suggest Debs of Padded Armour Company but they may have a waiting list.
Debs from AKA Jasons other half (sorry debs cant remember the company name...ive gone blank) also does fantastic arming soft kit.
There is also of course Jackie from cloaked and daggerd, She will be at Ludlow medieval market this weekend and i would say if you need one making soon then she is the girl to see, her work is as you would expect, superb.
Dave.

Gotta say both Debs (PAC) and Jackie (CAD) are fantastic at what they do, Debs made my arming jack thats lasted nearly ten years, and i used that with only arms on, so its taken a beating in its time, and Jackie, well she makes me all my soft kit now days, and I can't recommend her highly enough!

It may help to understand human affairs to be clear that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people
Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman

Sir John Greystoke

Postby Sir John Greystoke » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:10 pm

I have finally made my crest and my banner will be taking them out at kelmarsh this weekend thought I would put them up see why people thought
Last edited by Sir John Greystoke on Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sir John Greystoke

Postby Sir John Greystoke » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:14 pm

I have finally made my crest and my banner will be taking them out at kelmarsh this weekend thought I would put them up see why people thought
Attachments
DSC00282.JPG
DSC00284.JPG
DSC00283.JPG

Sir Thomas Hylton

Re: First shots of me in my new harness

Postby Sir Thomas Hylton » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:05 pm

Sir John Greystoke wrote:This is a pic of me in my new harness it needs some work and Im making the crest for my helm as this is going to be my tournment harness. I am going to make the harness as "bling" as possible! any ideas would be great.

Diamonds & Pearls perhaps :wink:

My other half is suggesting swarovski crystals :shock: :? :wink:

Return to “Pictures”