Tintagel 2007 pictures

Yourselves, events, parties, costumes...

Moderator: Moderators

Severin

Tintagel 2007 pictures

Post by Severin »

Very quick scale and crop of the photos I took over the weekend.

Tintagel 2007

Prints available of course, just PM :-)

Jim

Post by Jim »

That fifth one is a great shot of me and Jan!

NICE! 8)

oakenshield

Post by oakenshield »

iam not used to seeing a re-enactment event without rain

Peacezone

Tintagel 2007 Pictures

Post by Peacezone »

Hey!

More pictures in our gallery at www.crossandcrescent.org.uk
If you're using dial-up, loading the pictures might take you a long while.

:D
Last edited by Peacezone on Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Severin

Post by Severin »

@Peacezone

Rant Mode ON

Eeeek! your site is slow even on my 8mb line, I bet it's a modem killer for the 30% of the uk still using dialup, Please use real thumbnails instead of making the browser scale the full images.

Rant Mode OFF

Why 356 colour gif and not jpg/png ?

Jim

Post by Jim »

Severin wrote:@Peacezone

Rant Mode ON

Eeeek! your site is slow even on my 8mb line, I bet it's a modem killer for the 30% of the uk still using dialup, Please use real thumbnails instead of making the browser scale the full images.

Rant Mode OFF

Why 356 colour gif and not jpg/png ?
Funny, I found it to be quite quick myself, maybe it's your ISP?

gregory23b
Absolute Wizard

Post by gregory23b »

Loads up fine, quick and slick.

PZ, interesting opening statement re religion, I think it is too defensive, you may not be Christians, but the crusades were 'religious' whether in terms of individuals or the pretexts for them. Just comes across as a little too apologetic, although I know what you are getting at. :)
middle english dictionary

Isabela on G23b "...somehow more approachable in real life"

http://medievalcolours.blogspot.com

"I know my place." Alice the Huswyf

Severin

Post by Severin »

Jim wrote:Funny, I found it to be quite quick myself, maybe it's your ISP?
Nothing wrong with my ISP and that's not really the point... doing the page that way means downloading (for example saturday medieval battle) 24mb of data but if you used thumbnails you only use about 520k of data so theoretically the page would display 48 times faster.

Sorry about the rant but this is a pet peeve of mine, it wastes bandwidth, makes pages impossible to view on dialup (roughly 2 hours to load) & eats up my monthly allowance.

Peacezone

Post by Peacezone »

gregory23b wrote:
PZ, interesting opening statement re religion, I think it is too defensive, you may not be Christians, but the crusades were 'religious' whether in terms of individuals or the pretexts for them. Just comes across as a little too apologetic, although I know what you are getting at. :)
I know, the main bit is temporary at the moment, until someone else writes it up. :) (Have removed that text, thanks for pointing it out! :oops: )

For others: Sorry about the speeds for the pics loading up for those who have dial up, its all about my laziness. :P We have a 20 meg line so our pics load very quick. :twisted:

(Severin, have pmd you)

Cat
Post Centurion

Post by Cat »

Brilliant photos, both of you, although I appear to be gurning in most of them. :D (Thus speaketh the truly unphotogenic!)
Also, (Eddie Izzard voice on)'Cat in a dress, Cat in a dress, mwah-hah-hah-hah-hah!'. (Eddie Izzard voice off)
http://www.blood.co.uk. You get biscuits and everything.
A'Stanley A'Stanley!

caroline

Post by caroline »

Great photos - thanks to both of you to sharing...

Peacezone, the photos loaded up fine.

Severin, Peacezone warned us about the large file sizes. There might be better ways of doing it but I for one am very grateful to her for being kind enough to share her photos.
Forget injuries, never forget kindness - Confucius

Peacezone

Post by Peacezone »

Hey!

Thanks to Severin for helping me out, they are all now in jpgs and thumbs so they should load up quicker! :wink:

MEEP.

mac (crucesignati)

Post by mac (crucesignati) »

Great shots PZ, gutted I couldn't be there - holidaying in Wales (near Harlech - great castle!). I'm on for Caldicott though, are you all there? If so, get Beauseant raised and lets put the fear of God into the heathen!

Your pics don't need to be thumbnails, just reduced to a size optimised for the web - most screens only display at 72 ppi, anything over that in an image is wasted data and increases file sizes and subsequently download times. 640 x 480 @ 72, can't go wrong.

Regards to all at C+C... Deus Volt!

Peacezone

Post by Peacezone »

Aye Mac!

See you at Caldicot!

Beauseant! :D

Severin

Post by Severin »

mac (crucesignati) wrote: Your pics don't need to be thumbnails, just reduced to a size optimised for the web - most screens only display at 72 ppi, anything over that in an image is wasted data and increases file sizes and subsequently download times. 640 x 480 @ 72, can't go wrong.
eeeek! great, back to slow loading and tiny images. people put 80 or 90 pictures on a page, using 640x480 means 10 times the data to download compared to using thumbnails. I think it's far better to spend a couple of minutes to create thumbnails to attach to a larger 1024 x 768 image thereby giving the viewer the option of downloading the large images instead of forcing them too. Detail is important when examining costumes ;-)

Sigurd-Luke

more tintagel pics

Post by Sigurd-Luke »

Here are the pics I have from this years Tintag!! some fuzzy....some not :lol:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lukebarran ... 331236935/

Peacezone

Post by Peacezone »

Great pictures Luke!

Nice pics of the Wolfguard. Are you going to Caldicot?

-2 loons from Ipswich

Scraggles

Re: Tintagel 2007 Pictures

Post by Scraggles »

Peacezone wrote:Hey!

More pictures in our gallery at www.crossandcrescent.org.uk
If you're using dial-up, loading the pictures might take you a long while.

:D
Nice site, the pictures load instantly, but then not on dial or a crap isp like orange, tiscali or talk-talk :)

recognise http://www.crossandcrescent.org.uk/wolf5.jpg but forget his name :(

Forgot that people still have monthly allowances, admittedly dont have the originals on my site as the main picture -3 mb files or so :)

http://jalbum.net/ for a free photo management software, gives great results and if u want tiny thumbs, u can do that