Page 1 of 1

join a gunpowder group ?

Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:33 pm
by madoc
My shotgun license is up for renewal and I have a bess in the loft that I want to keep hold of. The local firearms admin decree that I need a legit reason to keep hold of it. Membership of a relevant society is that reason.

However, I am not currently a member of any and need to join one.

I have FI war and rev war kit.

To be honest, we're unlikely to come to many events or make any new kit .

So there you have it. if you want a little membership money for a non-active member then drop me a note here or a pm.

Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:45 am
by Mark P.
If you have F&I kit it would probably be best to try NFOE.



Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:13 pm
by JON
I was always under the impession that you only needed to 'prove' the need to use a rifled Firearm ( ie Firearms Cert. ) . Smooth bore ie shotguns come in a different category as a lot of people still use shotguns to hunt with - including BP . You need some specialist advise from either BASC or The Sportsmans Association .........

Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:10 pm
by Mark P.
Not sure what the specialist advice will say, but I thought that although you don't need to give a reason for wanting a shotgun license, not giving a valid reason is suitable grounds for refusing a certificate.

MP (not a lawyer or an expert)