WARS

Moderator: Moderators

Jon Das Reich

WARS

Post by Jon Das Reich »

WW2 Axis Reenactment Society WARS for short came into being in 2002.
We are an affiliation of WW2 Axis Reenactment groups. Our aim is to combine our love of history and collecting militaria, into displaying living history and battle reenactments, to educate and entertain the public about life of an Axis serviceman of WW2.

The groups that make up WARS portray various troops.

WARS is an apolitical society, we do not support racism, intolerance or anyother extreme views, nor do we seek to glorify war or nazi ideology.

This is purely our hobby, not a hiding place for extremist thought.

The aims of WARS are

1. To uniforms, equipment and vehicles of WW2
2. To illiustrate the units of the Axis forces that took part in WW2
3. To promote goodwill between ex-servicemen of all nations
4. Assist charitiable organisations if possible in funding raising.
5. Comply with the laws of England and the United kingdom in respect of firearms, public order and other laws.

At the moment WARS is made up of 10 groups with well over 100 members which are as follows

WARS Das Reich
FJR6 green devils of carentan
2/pzAufkl.abt.GD
2kp Pz.Gren.Rgt GD
Herman Goring living history society
Junkerschule Tolz living history society
SS FJR 500/600
ww2 Japanese reenactment assosiation
LW field Division reenactment society
POA reenactment group.
Sonderverband 288 reenactment group

If your group portrays any Axis troops of WW2 and are interested in becoming a member of WARS please feel free to drop us a line. Membership is £10 per member and this covers you for PLI up to £5million cover WARS only forum. Advertisement via the WARS website. Joint displays at major shows across the UK if wanted and to be apart of an established organisation that caters for UK Axis reenactors.

www.wars.uk.net

wars_info@yahoo.co.uk
Last edited by Jon Das Reich on Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our Flag Is Going forward Too

carentan

Post by carentan »

Here's a nice pic of some WARS faithfuls...

'Green Devils of Carentan'

Heer Adler

Post by Heer Adler »

And some more :)

carentan

Post by carentan »

top class impression in that one 8)
'Green Devils of Carentan'

madoc

WARS forum access ?

Post by madoc »

I met a chap called Mike O'Brien on Sunday afternoon

I'd broken down by the side of the road, just outside on ross on wye. (plug insert stripped it's threads and came out of the cylinder head like a gunshot and bounced off the sidecar ! - not fixable). Mike stopped, mainly because I was riding an early 60's russian motorcycle combination (plunger frame, OHV engine) which he thought was a chang jiang

Anyhow, I'm a roman re-enactor and he's a WW2 re-enactor and we got talking …. Seems he's after a bike like mine etc. etc but might have to settle for a chang .. funnily enough I ordered a chang in field grey a month ago...........

We don't have a lot of time but we were thinking of WW2 stuff, mainly as we have these bikes ..so Mike gave me the WARS website..

I tried to join the forum ? But so far nothing … is it active or do I need approval.

Heer Adler

Post by Heer Adler »

You're on there as a registered member, so you should be ok mate. I'll have a word with Stevie who runs to forum to see if he knows of any problems.

Neil.

Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

I am proud and happy to announce an additional two groups have entered the W.A.R.S. family of Axis groups.

8. SS-Kavallerie-Division Florian Geyer reenactment group no website at the moment

Volkssturm reenactment group portraying volkssturm units 1945 Website to follow

Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

Im pleased to welcome to WARS

Mediterraneo WW2 Italian reenactment and living history group

http://ww2italianreenactment.com/

Steve Das Reich

Post by Steve Das Reich »

Hi Jon and all others, been looking at this forum for awhile now and thought I would take the plunge and join in.

Steve

Jim Smith

Post by Jim Smith »

As amedieval re-enactor i normally wouldn't post on this forum - but as a history teacher by trade I just wanted to give you guys a big thumbs up for what you're doing.

Heer Adler: Cracking colour photo. If someone had put that in a history book it would have been very hard to tell the difference.
"I hold it to be of great prudence for men to abstain from threats and
insulting words towards any one, for neither the one nor the other in any
way diminishes the strength of the enemy." Niccolo Machiavelli

Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Well said Jim, it's nice to see someone who does another totally different period appreciate another timeline, these guys strive for accuracy as much as the rest of us.(and do a damn good job too) :)

Heer Adler

Post by Heer Adler »

Thanks guys - glad you like the pic.

I had this one in mind when I set it up - taken during the battle of Stalingrad...

To see more of our pics and a couple of 'propoganda films', look at our 2007 photo galleries:

http://www.gdrecon.co.uk/photos.html

Steve will post you a link to Das Reichs snaps i'm sure.

Neil.

Steve Das Reich

Okay, if you want to see some more photos, try http://www.stevesmall.dsl.pipex.com

We have just recruited two from the Medieval scene, funny enough.

Steve Das Reich

What is W.A.R.S?

W.A.R.S stands for the World War 2 Axis Re-enactment Society. The society was formed over 5 years ago initially as a single group, but now encompasses several member groups representing many theatres of operation.

What are the advantages of W.A.R.S membership?

The primary reason for W.A.R.S becoming a society was public liability insurance (PLI). With the continued annual increases in the cost of PLI, W.A.R.S opened its membership to other Axis groups as a means of reducing the overall cost of this essential service. Since then other benefits to W.A.R.S member groups are joint displays, shared resources, combined training events, risk assessments even overseas trips.
Membership of W.A.R.S is a complete hassle free environment, you can involve your group as little or as much as you decide.

What sort of cover is provided by W.A.R.S insurance?

The very best available. Our insurance covers standard third party, member to member, vehicles, battles and all aspects of our hobby.

What are the prerequisites for W.A.R.S membership?

W.A.R.S accepts applications for membership from any Axis group. This can be a large group or even a group as small as a single individual. All prospective member groups must agree to abide by W.A.R.S rules. At present, membership is open only to Axis groups or groups who portray both Axis and Allied impressions.

What rules govern W.A.R.S member groups?

Very few! W.A.R.S only impose a few rules which are a requisite for our insurance. Other than those, its business as usual for any group joining W.A.R.S. All W.A.R.S member groups retain their FULL AUTONOMY. We don’t expect anything else from member groups. They can choose to involve themselves as little or as much as required. At our AGM each year, member groups are free to express any and all opinions, in a friendly open discussion
You wont find us a dictatorship!

As a member group of W.A.R.S, are we restricted in shows we can attend?

No, not at all. We at W.A.R.S believe in a ‘complete hands’ off approach. Your group or society can attend any and all shows just as you did before becoming a member.
We occasionally do joint displays which member groups can join, but they aren’t compulsory! If you decide on becoming part of a joint display we are happy to book you into a show, if required.

Is W.A.R.S in competition with other societies?

No. W.A.R.S is a friendly society that does not consider the hobby to be competitive. All comparable societies give excellent service, and some even provide additional benefits. We believe very strongly however that W.A.R.S provides the best benefit with the least hassle to you and your members.

How do we become a member group of W.A.R.S?

Easy. Just send a PM through the forum to, Jon Das Reich or Steve Das Reich.
We can arrange a face to face meeting and take it from there.

So there you have it. W.A.R.S membership gives all the advantages, but no disadvantages.

Feel free to contact us for further information and a membership pack.

Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

Bump