Ssssshhhhh!

Moderator: Moderators

Evil Black Alice

Post by Evil Black Alice »

johnny crow wrote:so it would be nice to see you looking somewhat tastier looking then Tash? :P 8)
As the finest chocolate my dear... *growls*

:twisted:
color bruno, labbri grossi e capegli crespi

johnny crow

Post by johnny crow »

:P stop that tittering in the back row please,suggesting giving the troops chocolate with a bedtime story indeed :shock: :lol:
E TIMIDI MATER NON FLET

" a cowards mother never weeps "

www.freewebs.com/bowmansuk

Evil Black Alice

johnny crow wrote::P stop that tittering in the back row please,suggesting giving the troops chocolate with a bedtime story indeed :shock: :lol:
Look! I told you that I cannot guarantee cocoa at bedtime!!!! :twisted:

(well they DID say this forum was quiet eh? :P )

johnny crow

Post by johnny crow »

did i mention cocoa :wink:

who said it was quiet Tash :)
E TIMIDI MATER NON FLET

Evil Black Alice

johnny crow wrote:did i mention cocoa :wink:

who said it was quiet Tash :)
They did!

And then came the 27th........... :twisted:

johnny crow

Post by johnny crow »

aye the 27th,let a couple of Irish in and the place degenerates eh :roll: :wink:
E TIMIDI MATER NON FLET

redcoat_richard

Post by redcoat_richard »

Johnny Crow.

I can see your uniform hasn't been made yet. However I saw your prototype button and cross belt plate last Wednesday. Very nice, but do put some clothes on.

Hello to everyone else. I'm Richard Delingpole - I do French and British Napoleonic, a period so inconsiderately split down the middle by the the Forum Index on this site. Whose idea was that? Retreat to Corunna and you're on a different forum!
Richard Delingpole 9th East Norfolks 69eme Voltigeurs.

johnny crow

Post by johnny crow »

hi Richard your reputation proceeds you courtesy of citizen Rat ;) all good i assure you.

In a word no my uniform hasn,t been made as prior to the 27th i have been busy doing the groundwork for my American Continental Militia section as part of a larger group here in the UK,Bowmans Coy,Illinois Regt part of the Army of Virginia.I assure you though that it will be soon,as i need to organise a few young pups too so i've been told ;)

oh and i am wearing clothes am just shirtless :) be good to meet you at some point Richard and discuss a few things,in my talks with John i have my uniform to arrange either before or after the new year ready for next season.
Last edited by johnny crow on Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E TIMIDI MATER NON FLET

johnny crow

Post by johnny crow »

just put my uniform on again now i had a good field shave ;)

Jon
E TIMIDI MATER NON FLET

Mark P.

Post by Mark P. »

Just thought I'd pop my head read the door.
If the American Continental Militia feel like indulging in a little light skirmishing they could do worse than contact NFOE to see if they will be organising another C18th mini multi period event next year.
The continentals at this years 'World Aflame' event at Waltham Abbey were a right ragged bunch of rascals.
Back off to the 1740's now.

Regards
MP
Pulteney's Regiment
'We're from the Government, we're here to help'

http://www.13thfoot.co.uk or http://www.facebook.com/LaceWars

'The next best thing to knowing something is knowing where to find it'

johnny crow

Post by johnny crow »

hi Mark we should hopefully have a few more recruits next year ;) we have been in touch with the Bowmans Coy in the USA and received this offer;
Since you're obviously committed to going down this path, I'd also like to extend honorary membership in Joseph Bowman's Company to you. We obviously would waive the annual dues since you aren't available to participate in any of our events. Years ago there was a smaller, independent group in downstate Illinois interpreting Joseph Bowman's Company that existed outside of the Northwest Territory Alliance. We made contact with each other, and they ended joining forces with us. If you'll be doing this in Great Britain, it would be nice to have us all be part of the same family. We can exchange information via personal contacts like this, or over our Illinois Regiment discussion board (www.illinoisregiment.org). That way, we can keep our portrayals of Bowman's Company as authentic as possible. This won't require you to do anything on your end, but it'll be a symbolic way of linking all Bowman's elements (internationally now) together. Send some photos of your uniform/gear when you're finished, and we'll post them on our website.
http://www.illinoisregiment.org/Bowmans/mainBowman.htm http://www.illinoisregiment.org/

so this is the company we're portraying so thanks for the info :) we have the means to get the uniform made,links for kit at reasonable prices etc and have done plenty of research in the areas we were unsure about.
so heres to Liberty or Death :D just remembered i,m in the 19th c section,better run for the back door :lol:

E TIMIDI MATER NON FLET

Mina Harker

Post by Mina Harker »

I'm not with anyone. It's just me. :)
Want life with more bite? Date a vampire.

Matt_D

ssssh

Post by Matt_D »

Pte M Davis the younger, as opposed to my father who is much shorter and uglier than me.

I'm usually found either trying to shoot Major Timmykins with the 1st Tennessee (ACWS) or looking very intimidating in my 1746 Pulteneys grenadier uniform, OR looking extremely smart and dashing in my 19th Foot (Green Howards) Crimean war uniform.