Valueing a doglock musket (Yorkshire Historic Arms)

Moderator: Moderators

fishwife

Valueing a doglock musket (Yorkshire Historic Arms)

Post by fishwife »

I'm hoping someone here can advise me - a friend who did SK reenactment up to about 10 years ago has sadly died. His son has contacted me because they have found his doglock musket. We have taken the musket into our care - temporarily - as the son and none of the rest of the family have licences.
To the point - the musket needs a value for inheritance, and ultimately for re-sale. It's a Yorkshire Historic Arms made arround '93 - '94. Has probably not been fired in the last 10 years and is somewhat rusty on the outside (the doglock is not working totally as it should!) The barrel doesn't look as bad as the outside!

Can anyone help out?

CHeers,
Deb
Trust but in whom take care!

John Waller
Post Knight

Post by John Waller »

I have a YHA english lock musket of similar vintage and would want something around the £300 markfor it. Depends on the condition of yours and type of barrel (eg plain round / tapered / round to octagonal etc) but I would say £150-£250.
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

rich25034328

Post by rich25034328 »

Without wishing to cash in on someone elses misfortune, but i may be interested in buying the musket when its offered for sale, please keep my details and consider me.

fishwife

Post by fishwife »

Thanks for your help John - I seem to think that about £300 was what was paid for the musket when it was bought! It's a plain round barrel, should have thought to say that earlier!

Richard I'll let you know what has been decided at the apropriate time!
Trust but in whom take care!

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Post by Tod »

I'd agree with John as I have the same. About £200-£250.
If its been standing and has rust it would be best to get it reproofed just to be safe.