medieval coat hangers

Moderator: Moderators

Strickland

medieval coat hangers

Postby Strickland » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:52 pm

Been stumbling around in the forum looking for a pic I swear I saw on here of a simple coat or clothes hanger, basically a wooden bar with some rope from the middle and a hook of some description atop. It was from a manuscript/painting as I remember. Its something i'd like a go at considering i have a few suitable bits in the shed to mess with, but of course some prividence would be nice to back it up with!!
with that in mind, does anyone remember the pic perchance or have similar to show?? Ive tried Larsdatter but it plagues me with google searches!
Thanks peeps!!

Neil

Its not the years in your life that count, but the life in your years. Nullum est coclear!!!

Mark Griffin
Absolute Wizard

Re: medieval coat hangers

Postby Mark Griffin » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:14 pm

there are a couple in various Italian street scenes and possibly in the odd french/burgundian source. Bent stick with a hole in the middle for a hook or knotted string, perfectly acceptable. I'll try and look them out but I think the decameron might be worth a look...

http://www.griffinhistorical.com. A delicious decadent historical trifle. Thick performance jelly topped with lashings of imaginative creamy custard. You may also get a soggy event management sponge finger but it won't cost you hundreds and thousands.

Strickland

Postby Strickland » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:00 am

Thank you Mark, glad I wasnt going nuts!! Will take a look.

Neil

Its not the years in your life that count, but the life in your years. Nullum est coclear!!!

Karen Larsdatter

Postby Karen Larsdatter » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:11 am

Strickland

Postby Strickland » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:01 am

Wow!! Thank you Karen!!!! Much appreciated!!

Neil

Return to “1100-1500”