Hose maker sought

Moderator: Moderators

SirUlf

Hose maker sought

Postby SirUlf » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:35 pm

I need to find a reliable hose maker, does anyone have any recommendations? Need some sorted rather soonish.

Ezykle

Re: Hose maker sought

Postby Ezykle » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:30 pm

Christine Carnie she trades as the sempster, shes made all my kit and its like a second skin. I believe she learned from sarah thursfield. If your looking for the real good fit they need to be made for you not off the peg

Mark Griffin
Absolute Wizard

Postby Mark Griffin » Sun May 12, 2013 9:19 am

Unless you get an off the peg-maker who really knows what they are doing. Historic Enterprises are they, rate them incredibly highly, have many pairs. They have an outlet/stock pile in the UK so don't be put off by their USA base.

http://www.griffinhistorical.com. A delicious decadent historical trifle. Thick performance jelly topped with lashings of imaginative creamy custard. You may also get a soggy event management sponge finger but it won't cost you hundreds and thousands.

Simon Atford
Absolute Wizard

Postby Simon Atford » Sun May 12, 2013 10:43 am

What sort of hose are you after? Single leg hose are pretty simple to make yourself.

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Sun May 12, 2013 12:04 pm

Mark Griffin wrote:Unless you get an off the peg-maker who really knows what they are doing. Historic Enterprises are they, rate them incredibly highly, have many pairs. They have an outlet/stock pile in the UK so don't be put off by their USA base.

Mark, can you provide their UK outlet contact? It would be a lot less expensive ordering from the UK then from the US, due to customs taxes mainly.

Mark Griffin
Absolute Wizard

Postby Mark Griffin » Sun May 12, 2013 12:11 pm

You need to talk to them in the US, ask for Gwen or Francena. They will know what they have, then they will sort the rest. its what i do. I put an order in for something urgent a couple of years back whilst on site at an event, got it in 2 days.

http://www.griffinhistorical.com. A delicious decadent historical trifle. Thick performance jelly topped with lashings of imaginative creamy custard. You may also get a soggy event management sponge finger but it won't cost you hundreds and thousands.

Mark Griffin
Absolute Wizard

Postby Mark Griffin » Sun May 12, 2013 12:11 pm

Oh and they have a UK bank account etc so no annoying customs etc.

Biro
Post Centurion

Postby Biro » Sun May 12, 2013 3:00 pm

They should advertise that better. I've certainly been put off buying from there more than once simply due to the additional costs.

Mark Griffin
Absolute Wizard

Postby Mark Griffin » Sun May 12, 2013 3:23 pm

Well they do come over and trade at several markets too. But I suspect its a supply and demand thing plus the complications of keeping stock in the UK. This stock is simply what is going to or coming from the markets so don;t expect anywhere near the full range by a long way. I'm rarely shopping personally, more of a case of i need to quickly cloth a member of staff, what have you got in? and take it from there. I'm certainly not window shopping.

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Sun May 12, 2013 4:08 pm

Mark Griffin wrote:You need to talk to them in the US, ask for Gwen or Francena. They will know what they have, then they will sort the rest. its what i do. I put an order in for something urgent a couple of years back whilst on site at an event, got it in 2 days.

Thanks, Mark. That's quite helpful, along with them having an UK bank account.

Return to “1100-1500”