Brig

Moderator: Moderators

SirUlf

Re: Brig

Postby SirUlf » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:30 am

That looks brilliant. Is it very difficult and expensive to make one?

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Postby Tod » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:00 pm

I thought about it and I'm an engineer as well as a shoemaker and leather worker. Difficult, yes, Expensive, could be.Then I thought again and bought one from ASH.

SirUlf

Postby SirUlf » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:33 pm

Without opening up the whole can of worms regarding brigs, if it's really tricky I might get one from Steel Mastery. I'm not going to be bashing around in it so as long as it looks somewhat ok. Of course, need to sell off my other stuff first... Anyone need a Clone Trooper helmet?

Sephty

Postby Sephty » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:30 pm

There is a myriad of strange problems that crop up that no amount of planning can prepare you for! Especially the formation of the plates, I think Sephton th elder may consider it as a sideline when he retires in a few years

Billman

Postby Billman » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:02 pm

SirUlf wrote:Without opening up the whole can of worms regarding brigs, if it's really tricky I might get one from Steel Mastery. I'm not going to be bashing around in it so as long as it looks somewhat ok. Of course, need to sell off my other stuff first... Anyone need a Clone Trooper helmet?

I think it might be best to approach it the other way. If you wanted some cheap protection and were going to cover it with a livery then a Steel Mastery brig might be acceptable. If you're not going to fight in it and eventually damage it then would it be better to buy an accurate one off somebody like Ash. I appreciate that it would cost more initially but it would be accurate and look much better and if kept in good condition would hold it's value quite well.

Return to “1100-1500”