Hats again :)

Moderator: Moderators

Cezar

Post by Cezar »

Hi

They cost 15 pounds each. Doesnt matter which shape.

I will go this year with a lot of medieval stuff to Barley Hall in York for : St Nicholas' Fayre Medieval Market (November 24th - 27th)

So we can meet there OR I can send you hats ... but money you can send to someone in England (I have a lot of friend there ) this will minimaze your costs a bit.

Cezar
My reconstructions -- > http://www.kakaj.freha.pl <--

Cezar

Post by Cezar »

So ... anyone interested in those hats ? :shock:

My reconstructions -- > http://www.kakaj.freha.pl <--

Thomas Hayman

Post by Thomas Hayman »

oookkkk

Skevmeister
Post Centurion

Post by Skevmeister »

I am interested Cezar, just trying to work out what to do, as I have a trip to New Zealand to organise as well, but would liek to make it to york. Will sort it out when I get back from the Bank Holiday weekend
ad augusta per angusta

No Hamster's, Moderators, Animals, or Re-Enactors were harmed in the making of this post.

Skev keeping it real since '86

Apathy Ain't A Policy

Jenn R

Post by Jenn R »

I love the hats....and the photos!!!

I want a hat but I can't get to York!

Nigel
Post Knight

Post by Nigel »

Hooray a fayre I can go to to shop

and one of you owes me a pint

Nige

Cranky

Post by Cranky »

There are some nice rush hats on ebay - just type in "rush hat" in the search bar. Auctions end Saturday 3rd Sept.

tailordrews

Post by tailordrews »

Hi there,
Its not my period at all, and the refference i want to tell you about is later, but i hope it is ok.
There is an old book here in Denmark, wich has pictures of a noblemans estates and propperties. It is called Jacob Ulfeldts Jordebog. It has illustrations. One of those shows a peassant who is seeding a field. He wears a black tall fashionable hat wich could be a wool or felt hat. And he wears a ruff two. The book is late 16th century, so i know it is two late for your question. But i always wondered did a peassant really have the money to wear such outfits, fashionable hat and a ruff? Or did the drawer of the illustrations excagerate to burst!
The world is in need of beauty! Embroider!

On the eight day, god created costumes and reenactors!

Mark Griffin
Absolute Wizard

Post by Mark Griffin »

Skev, the charges are not high. They are blinking extortionate. Roll on one currency please!

And the hats are blooming great although I would also point people towards Crafty Beggars who do some nice stuff.
http://www.griffinhistorical.com. A delicious decadent historical trifle. Thick performance jelly topped with lashings of imaginative creamy custard. You may also get a soggy event management sponge finger but it won't cost you hundreds and thousands.

Fox
Absolute Wizard

Post by Fox »

Here I am wearing the one I had made as a copy of the one in the background on Robert Campin's Mérode Altarpiece.

I really should either wear no coif, or learn to wear it more tidily so I don't look such a divot.
Attachments
0708Bw196.jpg