Battle of Bannockburn re-enactment 2014

Moderator: Moderators

andles17

Battle of Bannockburn re-enactment 2014

Postby andles17 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:42 am

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone knew where i could officially sign up or join up with anybody to participate in the Battle of Bannockburn re-enactment in 2014

guthrie
Absolute Wizard

Re: Battle of Bannockburn re-enactment 2014

Postby guthrie » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:48 am

We had a thread about it somewhere but I can't find it with the search function.
The person to contact is Scott McMaster, the property manager. More information can probably be found here:
http://www.battleofbannockburn.com/Home/

And welcome to the forum.

andles17

Postby andles17 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:19 am

Thanks! Ive contacted him before and his secretary, or something like that, emailed me back saying he would get back to me but hasnt yet and its been a while. Ill try him again. If you come across any more info or that thread that would be awesome.

guthrie
Absolute Wizard

Postby guthrie » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:21 am

Most of the PR info is on the website I linked to; for more substantive stuff you'll have to get Scott himself. He'll probably be busy because they're starting to rebuilt the centre so I expect he'll be in portacabins or suchlike.

Fox
Absolute Wizard

Postby Fox » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:48 am

I may misinterpreting your posts, but are you already a re-enactor?

If you are not, then I doubt the event organiser will be able to help you.

You'll need to find a group that re-enact the period and are likely to attend.
Can I ask where you're based?
And perhaps also why you're interested in Bannockburn?
Then perhaps we can suggest a re-enactemnt group to contact.

Henri De Ceredigion

Postby Henri De Ceredigion » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:51 pm

andles17 wrote:Hello all. I was wondering if anyone knew where i could officially sign up or join up with anybody to participate in the Battle of Bannockburn re-enactment in 2014

Putting a slightly political spin, but the Glasgow Commonwealth Games in August 2014 and a re-enactment of the Battle of Bannockburn in the same year? I am beginning to see why Alex Salmond (SNP, Aberdeenshire West) wants an independence referendum in late 2014 rather than the middle of next year.

guthrie
Absolute Wizard

Postby guthrie » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:41 pm

Henri De Ceredigion wrote:
andles17 wrote:Hello all. I was wondering if anyone knew where i could officially sign up or join up with anybody to participate in the Battle of Bannockburn re-enactment in 2014

Putting a slightly political spin, but the Glasgow Commonwealth Games in August 2014 and a re-enactment of the Battle of Bannockburn in the same year? I am beginning to see why Alex Salmond (SNP, Aberdeenshire West) wants an independence referendum in late 2014 rather than the middle of next year.

Yes, we all see that. But you might be surprised how many pro-independence folk there are who dislike Salmond and see him as a useful tool for the job.
In his slipperiness he is perhaps the most honest politician around - he wants an independent Scotland with himself as chief minister. He'll do anything to reach that aim.

Return to “1100-1500”