TENTS

Moderator: Moderators

Simon Fryer

TENTS

Postby Simon Fryer » Mon May 07, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi all

Next year (hopefully) we are looking into purchasing a pavillion tent, and possibly a traders tent. We are looking at tents from 1250 to 1350 time period, and we have seen alot of later period tents. As we are only browsing for the time being is there anyone that can suggest some websites to trawl through or our period designs etc, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Simon

Bad Viking
Post Centurion

Re: TENTS

Postby Bad Viking » Mon May 07, 2012 9:22 pm

I have been looking for a while too - but just don't seem to have any luck - having one made by one of the Tent makers is the only way I can think of -- but that will be very expensive.

I might be in the gutter....but I'm still looking up at the takeaway !.

Simon Fryer

Postby Simon Fryer » Tue May 08, 2012 3:15 pm

We are not worried about pricing for the time being and have done a costing review, and we know that we a re looking at about £500+ for the traders tent and in the region of about £1500 for the pavillion. we also realise that this is a big investment of cash but also that even second hand prices dont change that much, due to the nature of what we are looking for and that if looked after will last a very long time, so we belive the investment will be worth it in the end :)

Edmund the Marshal

Postby Edmund the Marshal » Tue May 08, 2012 4:08 pm

I'm currently waiting for delivery from a trader in Poland Piotr Zacharski if you want to look him up on Facebook. (also sells swords and armour)
He charges 700 euro for a large pavilion +70 shipping also he offers iron pegs and will paint it for an extra charge.
It can be a gamble buying from an overseas maker. I've only seen photos of the tents he makes but £830 for a painted large pavilion with hand forged iron pegs shipped to the Uk I would take a chance.

I tried to buy British as i have done in the past but it didn't work out, however they did give me a full refund so it worked out well in the end.

Bad Viking
Post Centurion

Postby Bad Viking » Tue May 08, 2012 5:58 pm

Amazing !! You would think that there would be someone in the UK who is or has manufactured tents of that period. But best of luck with the overseas purchase !!! :thumbup:

I might be in the gutter....but I'm still looking up at the takeaway !.

Simon Fryer

Postby Simon Fryer » Tue May 08, 2012 8:36 pm

I would prefer to buy british, but the price souds pretty good, will take a look at what he has got, cheers Edmund :thumbup:

Return to “1100-1500”