Coat of Plates image

Moderator: Moderators

Brendan_the_lesser

Coat of Plates image

Post by Brendan_the_lesser »

Wondering if someone here might be able to help me out, I'm looking for an image of a coat of plates, preferably Visby type one, but anything similar would be great. I'm writing a paper on Anglo-Irish armour for a journal and need permission for all the images I use, as well as the name of the owner of the image. I just need a coat-of-plates for comparison and ideally I'd like a picture of the outside and the inside if the plates are visible.
I'm not getting paid for this journal so there's no question of me profiting from your image.
I'd be really thankful if you could help me out and I'll happily send the finished article ("Anglo-Irish Tomb Effigy Armour and the contribution reenacting can make to academic studies") to the image submitter, or anyone else who wants a copy really.
Thanks in advance,
Brendan Halpin
If anyone needs me i'll be spinning in my grave...

latheaxe

Re: Coat of Plates image

Post by latheaxe »

Go to Google type in coat of plates..Click on google images and hey presto!!! few pictures there.... :D :wink:

JG Elmslie

Post by JG Elmslie »

You could ask Göran Hoas regarding the replicas of the wisby ones he made for the Länsmuseet, Gotland?

http://www.hoashantverk.se/hantverk/hoa ... index.html
"she had the shy, retiring, almost virginal look of the professional nymphomaniac"

Brendan_the_lesser

Post by Brendan_the_lesser »

Thanks JG, I'll email them, those pictures would probably be best.
Latheaxe google was my first stop but the whole reason I posted here was because I need permission from the photographer to use their image, I have to know no one is going to complain if the image is published
If anyone needs me i'll be spinning in my grave...

Graham Ashford

Post by Graham Ashford »

Brendan,

I've built a few coat of plates, generally based on the Wisby ones, with different styles of coverings. I placed a couple of images below of a couple that I still have access to.

The tan coloured one is mine and is a bit beaten up now after four years use, but still in a totally functional condition. I can get you other images of these if you need/want them.

Hope this might be useful to you. Drop me an email if you want graham@greenleaf-workshop.co.uk and I will do all I can to help.

Here's a couple of them in use:

Kind regards

Graham