any groups based in south wales near lampeter

Moderator: Moderators

darrelltemplar

any groups based in south wales near lampeter

Post by darrelltemplar »

i live currently in pembroke dock in south wales but willm will be off to university in asbout 6 months and was wondering if therewere any closer groups than the collegiate of knights templar money is scarce as a student :(
bad name choice as no longer a templar ah well
for the morlais instead!

Catherine of Gwent

Re: any groups based in south wales near lampeter

Post by Catherine of Gwent »

I am pretty sure that there is a re-enactment group at Lampeter University, but I cannot remember their name. I know that some of their members are members of this forum so you should get a response.

Good luck at Uni.

Ann
The Freemen of Gwent
www.freemenofgwent.org.uk

Ben Rodgers

Post by Ben Rodgers »

I'm at Lampeter and yes there is a reenactor group there however they focus on C11th to C12th, with out slatting too much they leave alot to be desired, if your an experience re enactor I would contemplate carefully before joining them, There safety standards are in my eyes very laxed and whilst I no little about the fighting style of this period they do seem to just be a bunch of students that are running around waving swords. However the group is very big and the people do have alot of fun doing it so if you looking at just keeping yourself busy during your time then maybe its worth considering.
The Almighty says this must be a fashionable fight. It's drawn the finest people.

darrelltemplar

Post by darrelltemplar »

thanks for the input and yes i ahd heard a similar story and hopefuly il set up my own branch or group and set some decents safety guidelines such as quality of swords and weapons etc
bad name choice as no longer a templar ah well
for the morlais instead!