"fake" Brigandine

Moderator: Moderators

Pajo

Post by Pajo »

hey brendan lad! didnt realise u appreared around here! lol! And infamous...!? why, the cheek! lol!

I'm actually settled now on getting me a nice jack, which is gona b getting some cap a pie maille over it (once I order them both during the week).

As brendan said tho, luckily over here, we all kno each other, and its very seldom that theres plate on the field, or that theres any more than 50 (thats a really big show for us!) lol most of what we do, theres only bout 20 on the field, and its just a matter of letting a shout of "here, mind this ya gawmless eejits!" lol :)

We (well, MOST of us) dont go for full contact stuff, some ppl seem to forget to pull there shots.. all the time.. and some groups choose to do more full contact amoung themselves... but injuries tend to be minor and few luckily enuf!

I do still agree though that it would be better to be over protected than under, if u did take a hard slap. (a kern axe in the face HURTS).
Traditional Archers Dont Shoot Blanks!

Brendan_the_lesser

Post by Brendan_the_lesser »

Ah i've been known to show up in stranger places Pajo
and i look forward to seeing this nice new kit and grubbying it up a little over the summer...
If anyone needs me i'll be spinning in my grave...

Pajo

Post by Pajo »

well all goin well, it'll b new salet, new 3/4 leg harness, new jack and new mail... on, and hose and braes and boots... lol

Marcus Woodhouse
Absolute Wizard

Post by Marcus Woodhouse »

Two broken ribs (one broken in two places so I have that horrible dragging and grating feeling going on) and a bruised lung as a consequence of someone getting carried away at Warwick Castle over Easter, omae, and that was wearing a 'real' brig. I make believe one would have led to me being in a real world of hurt.
I'm now getting a maille vest to go under it and over the arming doublet. I was wearing a placard as well. I thought that I would be pretty safe with what I had on but there is no accounting for poor training and teostesterone filled gobshites going OTT. Thats why I'm glad to read that you're taking personal protection seriously.
The people I train with I trust and am happy to fight with wearing only leather gauntlets, everyne else is a limb of Satan until that time that they prove themselves to be a lamb of God.
OSTENDE MIHI PECUNIAM!

Pajo

Post by Pajo »

I freely admit that I often dont wear adequate protection, but its down to money to be quiet honest.. and to the fact that I dont tend to get in on the heavy fighting, and if I do, its with someone I'd trust whole heartedly, and if I get hurt then, its my fault as far as I'm concerned, unless the other person does something REALLY stupid... but way I see it, u gota take responsibilty for yourself and your decisions.

Having said all that, if I has my way, I'd go on the field in a two foot thing rubber suit! lol! save on some damn bruises! lol!

Marcus Woodhouse
Absolute Wizard

Post by Marcus Woodhouse »

:shock:

Does your insurer know about this?

I trust most of the people I play with as well. Then again I don't know everyone i go up against as its a bigger field here then in Gods own land.

All the same, wet grass, a slip, a push from someone else at the wrong time and you're in the sh**.

And its not just you, its the fella who will be having recurring nightmares over his acciedentally impalment of yourself, the organiser who has to try and salvage the show, the kids watching you.

And the fact it pushes up the cost of getting the rest of us covered by the insurance who haas.

You stay safe omae.
OSTENDE MIHI PECUNIAM!

Pajo

Post by Pajo »

sorry, I read back on what i said and realised I left out a wee bit :oops: I'm very tired at the mo, long weekend, especially yesterday...! on the go from 7:30am till nearly 2am this morning... so excuse my slight flitter headedness...

"adequate for every eventuality" is what it should have read.... i.e, I dont go around in a rubber suit covered in chain and plate... which would still not save u from everything.

I usually wear hand/head/ and some sort of chest protection (I dont alwayz have something) but again, as brendan said, things are slightly different over here. tho we do still prefer to be as protected as poss' for what we're doing.

this thread has gone WAY past what it was meant to be, due to those differences and mis reading of things etc... mite be time to put it to bed me thinks.....