Edged Weapons (Bayonets)

Please post your thoughts, questions, bugs, etc here. I will post announcements here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kate Davis

Edged Weapons (Bayonets)

Postby Kate Davis » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:24 pm

I have tried to sell on Ebay an original German WW1 Bayonet but their rules prohibit the sale in UK.
Please can you tell me what is the position if I tried to sell this item on the Forum? Obviously would be of interest now for WW1 re-enactors.
Also what is the ruling on swords please (original and reproduction)?
We already know the position on ownership of these items as per Home Office regulations, however, others may not be aware of the current legislation and perhaps the relevant info could be posted on this site for all to see?
Many thanks
Kate Davis

Phil the Grips
Absolute Wizard

Re: Edged Weapons (Bayonets)

Postby Phil the Grips » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:10 pm

Kate Davis wrote:I have tried to sell on Ebay an original German WW1 Bayonet but their rules prohibit the sale in UK. Please can you tell me what is the position if I tried to sell this item on the Forum?

Sale of a bayonet on the site is fine. It'd be up to you establish and adhere to other laws as you interpret them as all sales are private affairs between individuals.

Also what is the ruling on swords please (original and reproduction)?

As above, again it would be up to you as the vendor to ascertain and abide by the relevant laws but advertising them for sale is acceptable on the site.

--Angels also carry weapons--
http://www.blackboarswordsmanship.co.uk/

Return to “Forum Technical Support and News”