Thanks for the feedback, very much appreciated, yeah the categories with zero is a reminder for me where I need to add things (that is now off, which interestingly, has helped with the site speed a little) The lack of drop downs is because I am currently adding the stock, still creating the basic structure and then slowly adding the items, have a couple of other new things where i'm trying to find a home. So things will start to appear once the items get added. Point taken on the Weapons and combining. For the moment this will be small as its going to be very much development stuff that im working on, a case of seeing how that develops in its own right. The warhammer was only intended as a fun thing for myself but that has proved rather popular and now getting more requests to make other things, but yeah I did think it looked kind of lost, although there will be a pole axe to keep it company soon
- But your right that could move.
Its currently in maintenance mode now as im testing the payment options so need to ensure I can tweak that without anyone diving in just yet. I am also testing other currency settings and shipping options etc so lots of backend stuff happening just now. Essentially I just wanted to get some initial feedback before I went too far, its quite a major change from what I am used of with basic HTML so steep learning curve - Almost vertical at times
Hopefully will get this on line over the Christmas break now as seen the sound of music on TV enough times so should have some spare time on my hands LOL
Point taken on the duplication, although there is method in my madness, this was to ensure that folk could find things from a number of roots, had a problem on the existing site where I had numerous e-mails from folk asking if I sold loose rings and tools, despite it being on the site from off the maille section I had comments it was "buried". So figured I would try that route and add a different way in.
OK on the speed, this is a real odd one at the moment, although I have added a few mods which have improved things a little, im getting inconsistent results with some on line test systems, showing sometimes faster than my current site which is odd, also getting different results with various machines and OS despite clearing cache etc. Certainly there is a lot more going on under the hood compared to the last one but its something I want to see if I can tweak. I am actually testing this on an alternative host but still early days at the moment.
Anyway thanks for the feedback. Site will remain in maintenance mode now until I get the payment things sorted, then It will be moving to the main domain URL